Would you be comfortable writing in any other language?  Do you think that you would be able to express yourself better in another language? 

Personally I am more comfortable writing in English. I love the language and use every opportunity to better my writing skills. 

What are your thoughts on the subject? 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I can write in Telugu and English . As an Advertising man, specializing in Copy writing and Designing, I have to write in both the languages. And I'm comfortable in both.

Sadly although I would love to write in my local language Thulu , there is no script so the best I could do would be to write in my state language which is Kannada .I do write letters and fill forms in Kannada but I doubt if I have the proficiency to write an article .So, I will have t be satisfied with writing in English only!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sadly although I would love to write in my mother tongue which is  Thulu , there is no script so the best I could do would be to write in my state language which is Kannada .I do write letters and fill forms in Kannada but I doubt if I have the proficiency to write an article .So, I will have t be satisfied with writing in English only!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes, I love writing in other languages. I write best in Nagamese, a dialect spoken in Nagaland as contact language in between different tribes. The language has no script so they use Roman script for writing it. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Fortunately, there is a script for Telugu. Though I write in English, i think the content of the subject in Telugu first, then i convert my thoughts into English. This way I found it more useful.

Yes I feel, I can express my views more better way in Hindi. I also understand English, by expressing in English is little bit difficult than in Hindi.

http://www.comparenshop.in

English has that distinct advantage of expressing easily. It needs a bit of practice to express your views in English with clarity. But it is not impossible.

suni51 wrote:

Yes, I love writing in other languages. I write best in Nagamese, a dialect spoken in Nagaland as contact language in between different tribes. The language has no script so they use Roman script for writing it. 

I have never heard of Nagamese so far. Amazing that they use the Roman script. You have me wondering about the origins of the language itself. Its cool you can write in that language. 

rambabu wrote:

English has that distinct advantage of expressing easily. It needs a bit of practice to express your views in English with clarity. But it is not impossible.

I am trying to express in English, for that first I have to think in Hindi and then translate it in English. I practices to directly think in English and express my views, and I found Boddunan.com as a good platform to improve my English skills.

http://www.comparenshop.in

I used to write better in my mother tongue Malayalam. For me it is more comfortable than English. And I think in most of us thoughts originate in our mother tongue and we convert them to English simultaneously.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.