There were time when our school teacher used to force us to have good handwriting. To have good handwriting we used to write more and more. Student those who had beautiful handwriting used to get praised by teacher and family members. 

The scene is changed today, we have Android mobile, Tablets, Laptops and computers to write. Normally all the business work done by emailing. The habit of writing in a papers becoming less day by day, above all no one cares about it.

So, my simple asking to the members is beautiful good handwriting still have the same value or importance?

Regards

Jeets

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. Beautiful good hand writing is still treated as a valuable asset. As Hand writing is an art form. And there is a different genre of handwriting known as calligraphy.Still many organizations need Calligraphy artists.

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/calligraphy-side-job/

I still give importance to good handwriting. Earlier mine was not good but not bad too but now my hand shakes while writing a long piece due to lack of practise. I feel it's important so I ask my son to practise because for his academic examinations he has to depend upon handwriting and not on any electronic gadget. 

shampasaid

Having good handwriting is a asset. Legibility and clarity are the prime criteria in one's academic career in any stage be it in school education or in the job career later. Many court cases were dismissed by the courts because of lack of legibility.  Any number of technical advancements cannot replace hand writing.

Handwriting should be readable, even though it is not so beautiful. Others could read it without much difficulty. And naturally, whatever is readable will look beautiful too. If students practice writing beautifully it will help them perform better in exams and also create some discipline in their life. 

@ Jeets There were time when our school teacher used to force us to have good handwriting. To have good handwriting we used to write more and more. Student those who had beautiful handwriting used to get praised by teacher and family members. 

The scene is changed today, we have Android mobile, Tablets, Laptops and computers to write. Normally all the business work done by emailing. The habit of writing in a papers becoming less day by day, above all no one cares about it.

So, my simple asking to the members is beautiful good handwriting still have the same value or importance?

Handwriting is still important at school levels because it forms the very foundation of education.Language, handwriting,grammar and knowledge all go hand in hand during the formative years of a student.Later of course they may diversify and pick what they want .But it is also a fact that very intelligent and brilliant children have poor hand writing because their mind races faster and is on to something else before their writing catches up..In fact many of them  hate writing, but it is good to train them to have at least legible hand writing if not anything else ! I like writing and in my job there is a lot of writing involved which I am quite happy about.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

NO matter what gadgets are invented, handwriting is still important in the formative years because wielding a pen or a pencil is very important in developing fine motor skills of young children. The muscles that are responsible for writing are also helpful in keeping the brain functioning. Technicalities aside, writing a note, a birthday greeting or a thank you message personally in your own writing makes a world of a difference than sending it electronically via email or a sms. So writing is an important function and good handwriting, not just reflects your technical finesse, but also the beauty of one's thoughts.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

NO matter what gadgets are invented, handwriting is still important in the formative years because wielding a pen or a pencil is very important in developing fine motor skills of young children. The muscles that are responsible for writing are also helpful in keeping the brain functioning. Technicalities aside, writing a note, a birthday greeting or a thank you message personally in your own writing makes a world of a difference than sending it electronically via email or a sms. So writing is an important function and good handwriting, not just reflects your technical finesse, but also the beauty of one's thoughts.

I'm in total agreement with you. Writing is absolutely essential in formative years as you mentioned and formation of letters and words can be best learnt through writing practice. Good calligraphic skills should be encouraged because there is no alternative when it comes to personal messages. A beautifully written note is far more appreciated than a printout !! 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I do agree that technology won't pose much of a threat to existence of handwriting. Assimilation or grasp of essence is very effectively aided by wrting whatever one reads in the student days.Even mere copying helps tremendously in retaining memory of it for a long time. 

I regret my hand writing is bad. I have to be vere careful while writing to ensure that this is legible.  Increasing use of computer, internet and phone has made my life easier.  Now bad handwriting is no more as discomforting asthisused to be.  However good handwriting is a virtue. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Good hand writing is certainly a virtue,  it has lot of commercial applications too. Be it for commercial purpose or professional purpose Good hand writing is desired by all

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.