Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Having good handwriting is a asset. Legibility and clarity are the prime criteria in one's academic career in any stage be it in school education or in the job career later. Many court cases were dismissed by the courts because of lack of legibility.  Any number of technical advancements cannot replace hand writing.

Person whose handwriting is not good, know the value of good handwriting. I am one of them. First impression is last one. When we meet some one for job. etc our handwriting speak first, then us. 

When we read any write-up which is handwritten, it creates a bond and if the handwriting is attractive then the reading experience becomes doubly pleasurable.    

shampasaid

Where from you get that soothing  human touch from the gadgets ? The human touch in a written letter establishes a bond with you. Most of the celebrated writers prefer to write their works. Barring a few exceptions even today some of the well known writers in the Telugu literary field prefer to write. Hand writing can never be replaced by modern gadgets.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

When we read any write-up which is handwritten, it creates a bond and if the handwriting is attractive then the reading experience becomes doubly pleasurable.    

True Shampa, I personally, whenever receive such notes or letters or cards, I preserve it in a box. It is a pleasure to open the box and browse through such letters and notes later on whenever I have time. It brings back those lovely memories which electronic messages fail to deliver to us.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It reminds me of one incident that happened in my life. Many years ago during my niece's marriage, I was given the job of getting the marriage invitation cards printed. Instead off going to printing press, I had purchased a bottle of gold color and a fine brush. Then I started wring the invitations sitting entire night. Believe it or not, my handwritten cards attracted more guests and all of them were talking about my hand written cards. And that's the charm in hand writing.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

True Shampa, I personally, whenever receive such notes or letters or cards, I preserve it in a box. It is a pleasure to open the box and browse through such letters and notes later on whenever I have time. It brings back those lovely memories which electronic messages fail to deliver to us.

I too have this habit of collecting personal messages from my family and close friends.My children especially my daughters like to write to me long letters from time to time and I too write to them whenever I feel like expressing myself .I have collected all these letters.It is beautiful going through them.. Whether you have good hand writing or not writing in itself is an at and it should be cultivated right from childhood !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I too have this habit of collecting personal messages from my family and close friends.My children especially my daughters like to write to me long letters from time to time and I too write to them whenever I feel like expressing myself .I have collected all these letters.It is beautiful going through them.. Whether you have good hand writing or not writing in itself is an at and it should be cultivated right from childhood !

True Usha, such letters and notes, especially from the children are one of the few precious things you want to save for eternity. Ever since he learned to write words, my son has developed the habit of writing notes to me and my husband for even very simple things, eg, once he wanted to eat water melon and I had not gotten around to cutting it, he wrote a note to me "I want to eat water melon" in his tiny handwriting and drew a beautiful picture of a watermelon slice, coloured nicely. I have saved it with the date written on the back side. There are many such similar notes I have saved and will keep saving them. I feel that the notes show not just the learning curve of my son, but also the way he chooses to deal with things and saving those notes will ensure that I cherish and appreciate his creativity.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

True Usha, such letters and notes, especially from the children are one of the few precious things you want to save for eternity. Ever since he learned to write words, my son has developed the habit of writing notes to me and my husband for even very simple things, eg, once he wanted to eat water melon and I had not gotten around to cutting it, he wrote a note to me "I want to eat water melon" in his tiny handwriting and drew a beautiful picture of a watermelon slice, coloured nicely. I have saved it with the date written on the back side. There are many such similar notes I have saved and will keep saving them. I feel that the notes show not just the learning curve of my son, but also the way he chooses to deal with things and saving those notes will ensure that I cherish and appreciate his creativity.

That is so sweet of him, they can be so adorable at that stage of life when they are beginning to write and speak...I still have some of my children's old school work and they too go through them and joke about it especially the hand writing.My son never liked writing as a result had a bad hand writing but with some effort from me , his dad and his two teachers , it has improved considerably now smiley.png 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

i don't so because in this hi-tech world good typing speed is need rather than good handwriting 

bhuyali saroj

bhuyali saroj wrote:

i don't so because in this hi-tech world good typing speed is need rather than good handwriting 

Very practical views and one that would be endorsed by many youngsters who tend to think the same , from what I have seen..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.