The topic is locked.

What is the best way to make children go to school, especially when they don't like to go to school

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In the beginning most children are reluctant to leave the comfy home atmosphere and spend time with strangers in an alien environment. Parents can speak positively about the school and be there initially until the child gets used to the teachers and class mates. In some cases children play truant even when they are in school , which in some cases may be due to poor health or some problem at school, better to speak to the child on a daily basis about his or her activities at school, so that parents are aware if there is some minor problem, which the child may not divulge otherwise.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The best way i think is too make them understand what education means in this bad world because they are child and they don't know the importance of school in their life

bhuyali saroj

One of the best things to do is to make the child very comfortable in terms of what he or she thinks is the best in life.  Since children do tend to play before the fifth standard, the best thing is to put the child in a good play school, and leave the child to reason out on his own or her own.  Since children grow maximum till the age of seven, let the child mingle freely with children of his or her age, and let him or her express himself or herself.  Engage the child  in some small conversation and spend time with the child, particularly during dinner or breakfast. 

Most importantly, allow the child to be a child.  Never ever treat a child like an adult or try to bring to his or her attention facts of life or other things that a child of his or her age need not know at all.

Make the child feel that school is,such a fun.. Let the child meet the other kids of same age, let them mingle with each other. Slowly child will develop affectation towards the school. Another important thing ua to understand what makes child refrain from going to school.. Is it discomfort with other kids, or is the school environment not good, or is he so much attached to his mother that he doesn't want to leave her? Once we know the reason foe his dislike, we would be able to solve the problem

In my opinion, most children refuse to go to school because of bullying in the school.  and Kids who are struggling academically too refuse to go to school. Children, especially kids often experience separation anxiety. It's the responsibility of the parents to to remove such problems in the very beginning.

usha manohar wrote:

In the beginning most children are reluctant to leave the comfy home atmosphere and spend time with strangers in an alien environment. Parents can speak positively about the school and be there initially until the child gets used to the teachers and class mates. In some cases children play truant even when they are in school , which in some cases may be due to poor health or some problem at school, better to speak to the child on a daily basis about his or her activities at school, so that parents are aware if there is some minor problem, which the child may not divulge otherwise.

True...most often, a child's reluctance to go to school is due to separation anxiety, fear of being away from the mother in the company of strangers. To overcome this, the teachers also need to work to make children feel comfortable> When my son first going to play school, his teacher had a policy that the first two days, mothers also had to sit in the class with her child, third day onwards, we just had to wait outside the classroom at a place from where our kids could see us. Many women used to complain about it saying their time was being wasted, but I felt it necessary and important. Because my son never once cried in school, even when he started attending regular school which was 8 kilometres away and has to travel by a school bus alone. So making a child comfortable and secure in the school is very important.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

the main reason why children don't want to go to school is that they become more comfortable in their respective houses in comparison to school. Child become more friendly in their houses rather than school. many parents use the help of bribe, which i think the parent shouldn't do. 

bhuyali saroj

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True...most often, a child's reluctance to go to school is due to separation anxiety, fear of being away from the mother in the company of strangers. To overcome this, the teachers also need to work to make children feel comfortable> When my son first going to play school, his teacher had a policy that the first two days, mothers also had to sit in the class with her child, third day onwards, we just had to wait outside the classroom at a place from where our kids could see us. Many women used to complain about it saying their time was being wasted, but I felt it necessary and important. Because my son never once cried in school, even when he started attending regular school which was 8 kilometres away and has to travel by a school bus alone. So making a child comfortable and secure in the school is very important.

It is good that your son is being so sensible and has adjusted so well, because I know some children take months together before they get used to the routine. My youngest daughter hated school in the beginning but after constantly talking to her, and the teachers, things became easier..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

well if the child is not willing to go to school then it's better to promise him to give something which he/she will like a lot and so that he/she will get ready to go to school 

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It is good that your son is being so sensible and has adjusted so well, because I know some children take months together before they get used to the routine. My youngest daughter hated school in the beginning but after constantly talking to her, and the teachers, things became easier..

I guess it is because the schools take a little efforts to get the mothers too involved in the school routine when kids start schools, which was not the case previously a few years back.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.