I came across this very interesting blog written by a self confessed terrible writer...I am very sure you will find it witty and educating as well

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tom-ayling-millennial-magic/tips-to-becoming-a-better-writer%E2%80%8A-%E2%80%8Afrom-a-terrible-writer/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No doubt interesting and useful for a person who want to be writer.

That was perfect. He did it in a humorous way but to the point.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

"A certified Bad Writer with authentic documentation ". Hilarious write up.

My favorites among the tips given by him.

1. Write with your speaking voice

You have communicated this way all your life. Write the way you talk to avoid sounding stiff and robotic.

1. Add value with every sentence

Self-explanatory; cut the clutter. Move the story forward with every line.Ways to increase value are facts, anecdotes, humor, dialogue, etc.

1. Consistency

When I do not feel like writing, it is a sign I need to. The fastest way I know how to enter a groove is to write in the same place, at the same time, every day.

The key to achieving a great flow is consistency.

1. Read every day

I listen to podcasts a few times per week. A commonly asked question is, “What are you reading?”

Not once have I heard a guest draw a blank. These people always have an answer because they are always reading. However, this cannot be said for the overall population.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Mine favorite is

1. Stand tall!

If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything. A missed opportunity is gone forever. Seize your opportunities.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Mine favorite is

1. Stand tall!

If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything. A missed opportunity is gone forever. Seize your opportunities.

Absolutely !!! Life does not give you too many opportunities..

" Shorter Is Better,". I liked this tip. A test is given to evaluate your writing. I will do leisurely and inform you.

It's a helpful guide and written in a very interesting manner. As the writer mentioned that he always reads the end of the book at first and I felt quite happy that at least someone is like me. I always read the end of the book at the very beginning.

shampasaid

It is really an interesting article presented in a nice way. I liked his closing note :

Closing note: it’s important to express, that all of these qualities don’t matter if one factor is missing. That factor is a deep seated passion to want to be better. 

To become a better writer you must want it (and a have little luck).

This is really an interesting and hilarious article. This writer has explained the ways of writing in such an easier and witty way.

The tip that grabbed my attention is 'David Theory' -- Write, Write, Write and then edit the unnecessary writings.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.