At the present moment, IT professionals are the most envied class of professionals.  They get huge salaries and get to go abroad on official work, more than any other class of professionals.  In fact, those who are quite smart, do get chances to go abroad very often, and often quit their companies to take up far better jobs overseas.

However, there is a common perception that they are very selfish and contribute to the economy through growth of the service sector -- hotels, lodges, resorts, catering services and so on, all of which are literally driven by the IT professionals in many areas of metro cities. 

Is it true that they are selfish?  Do they take up meaningful causes?  If yes, members may please react by recording such good work done.  We should support such good work.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I disagree with you. IT professional rather making India Self reliant and reducing the dependence on other Countries.. And is it not the policy of PM Modi's " Make in India" ?

i too disagree with abshivakumar sir as i think that there are it professionals who wants and who are eager to do something good for the society then how can we say that they are selfish 

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:

i too disagree with abshivakumar sir as i think that there are it professionals who wants and who are eager to do something good for the society then how can we say that they are selfish 

What exactly does it mean by 'do good for the society?' Can you quote some examples!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think everyone is motivated by self interest.  What matters is whether your activities are legal or illegal. Most of genuine activities are beneficial to us as well as others.  Our economy and social system works on the principle that every one is motivated by profit motive. If you earn through legitimate means, nobody can object. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Profit must be there in  an industry, be it IT business or otherwise. But not at the cost of the Country. A country stands above all interests. It is with the same intention Central Government started the scheme " Digitization" which  makes the country self reliant and stops dependence on western countries. Indian talent should be highly encouraged. Which is what BJP Government is doing. Make everything in India using its infra structure. In tune with the PM's policies younger IT professionals too giving their best.

yeah every job is done for self interest and in one way it is good because if we are not satisfied with are work then we couldn't do anything in this world 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.