Google honors, one of the greatest Hindi writers of India Munshi Premchand. His works include Godaan and many short stories.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/07/30/google-honours-writer-munshi-premchand-with-a-doodle-inspired-by/?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My tribute to the great writer! Although the least they could have done was give more justice to Premchand's portrait and get it done from a professional artist.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Google might have thought through Google, the great writer Premchand will get much exposure. His famous Novel Godaan was made in to a film.  starring Rajkumar, Mehmood and Shashikala.

Munhsi Premchand is really the tallest Hindi author. His novels are true depiction of realities of society. He grasped the social and economic conditions of people and very realistically and effectively portrayed in his works. Tribute to the great author.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Munhsi Premchand is really the tallest Hindi author. His novels are true depiction of realities of society. He grasped the social and economic conditions of people and very realistically and effectively portrayed in his works. Tribute to the great author.  

I agree with you Sir. His Panch Parameshwar in an abridged form was our prescribed Non detail in my High school. Since then I had become a an ardent lover of Premchand's literature. gradually I read many of his Novels including Godaan.

I am not very familiar about him except through the film Godaan which I have seen,  a serious film almost like Do Bigha Zameen and had beautiful music based on folk music composed by Pandit Ravi Shankar , Hiya jarat rahat din rain is one of Mukeshs best songs ever and Rafi's Pipra ke patwa sarike dole manwa is another very beautiful song picturised on Mehmood..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I read Godaan and seen the Movie too. Among his short stories, I like 'Panch Parameswar.. In Vizag, long ago under the aegis of Dakshin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, there used to be big library consisting of abridged works of eminent Hindi Writes . There I read PremChands Books.

usha manohar wrote:

I am not very familiar about him except through the film Godaan which I have seen,  a serious film almost like Do Bigha Zameen and had beautiful music based on folk music composed by Pandit Ravi Shankar , Hiya jarat rahat din rain is one of Mukeshs best songs ever and Rafi's Pipra ke patwa sarike dole manwa is another very beautiful song picturised on Mehmood..

Long ago, when there were no channels apart from Doordarshan, a serial used to shown (I don't remember the name). Short stories of one or two episodes based on Premchand's stories were shown in that serial. Stories such as Bade Ghar Ki Bahu, Usne Kaha Tha and many more.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I remember In DD channels, Premchand written Nirmala used to come as serial.. Now, many channels are broadcasting this literary giant's short stories. In DD's Saptagiri Translated works of Premchand are shown. But not as serials but as short Movies.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Long ago, when there were no channels apart from Doordarshan, a serial used to shown (I don't remember the name). Short stories of one or two episodes based on Premchand's stories were shown in that serial. Stories such as Bade Ghar Ki Bahu, Usne Kaha Tha and many more.

Kalayni , the old film Usne Kaha tha is probably made from his story..I have seen it and it is a very touching and beautiful film , which also had excellent musical score by Salil Choudhury ! I remember some old short serials lasting just 3 or episodes made by DD on life and relationships which were really good..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The story of Movie Usne Kaha Tha, starring Sunil Dutt and Nanda was written by Chandradhar Sharma Guleri

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usne_Kaha_Tha

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.