Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sharing a really nice and apt picture to the topic , that I came across..

13939449 1252686038109300 6014056719647571412 n

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha, I really like to visit old book shops and browse around the books. Sometimes you really find treasures among the old books. It is also nice to own a copy of a book someone else has read before you and made his or her own notes/observations in the margins of those books. I also like to read the inscriptions on the first pages where someone has claimed his love or respect for the one the book has been gifted to. Crazy, but I like that!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

Sharing a really nice and apt picture to the topic , that I came across..

13939449 1252686038109300 6014056719647571412 n

This reminds me of Second hand Books in Hyderabad, especially in Chandini Chowk near Char Minar, I used to spend hours together scanning those Books. The Shop owners look uneducated, but you ask for a Book and the Author's name, he will take out in a second.

For my daughter I frequently used to Hyderabad for buying Book stalls like these. For her Fashion Designing, I bought most valuable old copies of 'Cosmopolitan' from these type of book Stalls.

I am listening first time about this site. I think this service is not avilable in small cities like mine.

anil wrote:

I am listening first time about this site. I think this service is not avilable in small cities like mine.

Go to the Website by clicking on the link given by me, go through all the features of the site. Then select the Books of your choice including Hindi. next contact them and give your Postal Address, Books will be sent to you. This facility is available to only those who are in other States except Karnataka.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Go to the Website by clicking on the link given by me, go through all the features of the site. Then select the Books of your choice including Hindi. next contact them and give your Postal Address, Books will be sent to you. This facility is available to only those who are in other States except Karnataka.

This site some slow today. I will check it again. How they will collect old news papers?

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

This site some slow today. I will check it again. How they will collect old news papers?

Take your time. First of all study the features of the site thoroughly. It's very important.

rambabu wrote:

Unlike some sites you contacted in Delhi, this site works in a different manner. Anyone who works and collects old news papers or any such stuff  and gives to this Site pays in terms of Books, not with cash.. One can select any genre of Books. If by any chance the book you wanted is not available, the site will get it for you. One can choose Books of their choice from their Library or through their site.

You may ask, what this site will do with all the waste paper. This waste paper collected will be recycled to create useful things.

Thanks for the info. I have checked the site and it seems quite helpful.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Unlike some sites you contacted in Delhi, this site works in a different manner. Anyone who works and collects old news papers or any such stuff  and gives to this Site pays in terms of Books, not with cash.. One can select any genre of Books. If by any chance the book you wanted is not available, the site will get it for you. One can choose Books of their choice from their Library or through their site.

You may ask, what this site will do with all the waste paper. This waste paper collected will be recycled to create useful things.

Thanks for the info. I have checked the site and it seems quite helpful.

Welcome. In the long run, the site plans to expand its activities to  the other parts of the Country. Till then, you can get your books availing the Library's online facility.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

@Usha, I really like to visit old book shops and browse around the books. Sometimes you really find treasures among the old books. It is also nice to own a copy of a book someone else has read before you and made his or her own notes/observations in the margins of those books. I also like to read the inscriptions on the first pages where someone has claimed his love or respect for the one the book has been gifted to. Crazy, but I like that!

I too like to read such messages sometimes inside people would have made some notes.I have a habit of dong this which would come in helpful while writing a book review. My children read it and tease me because it would not make much sense to them. The dedications on the front pages are really nice to read ...With lots of love to Arjun on his birthday from his loving aunt and so on :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.