Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Defnitely. As I get up early in the morning, the First cleaning job of the Day will be done by me. Moreover, I am a member in the STREET committee of Swatch Bharat.  Again for the same reason that I am an early riser I go for Sweeping of my Street.

rambabu wrote:

Most of the women are very particular about maintaining the Home clean festival or no Festival. In my House, the Maid comes once in a Day and cleans. But my wife, even after cleaning,  by the maid, she cleans one more time.

Again the same thing! Why aren't you reading posts before answer??? Arunima has clearly stated and she has even replied to your comment that the topic is about inner cleaning of our own minds and not outward or home cleaning and whether you wife does it or not! Consider this a warning, if you do not pay heed to rules, I am deleting your posts!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have seen people who though read holy books, do not miss a chance to abuse, accuse and curse others. Even people who do not read holy scriptures are also fond of criticism and become judgmental then what's the difference between the reader and non-reader of holy books. Inner cleaning is very important than the cleaning and decoration of the house. People clean their houses as Goddess Lakshmi comes and resides in a clean abode but people do not realise that God never resides in them who have a nasty heart and attitude. Though it cannot be felt openly, one has to pay for it in their lifetime.   

shampasaid

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

You have posed a very valid point Arunima,  nowadays we are more engrossed in the activities such as outward cleaning, shopping, selebrations, parties etc. But we never stop and take time out for the real purpose of such festivals, that is to recondition our own minds and take a moment to think about others. Inward cleaning such as ridding ourselves of negative thoughts, selfish thoughts etc, is equally essential.

We need not to wait for festivals for recondition of minds, it must be a regular activities.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have seen people who though read holy books, do not miss a chance to abuse, accuse and curse others. Even people who do not read holy scriptures are also fond of criticism and become judgmental then what's the difference between the reader and non-reader of holy books. Inner cleaning is very important than the cleaning and decoration of the house. People clean their houses as Goddess Lakshmi comes and resides in a clean abode but people do not realise that God never resides in them who have a nasty heart and attitude. Though it cannot be felt openly, one has to pay for it in their lifetime.

House cleaning and inner cleaning both are important. But inner cleaning is tough than house cleaning. So most of peoples prefer house cleaning on festivals. Every one know that brusting crackers is harmful for enviornment and health but no one like avoid it. Deepawali is on 30th but one of my neighbor is bursting it for last one week.  

In our ancestral village Diwali is celebrated for seven days starting with Naraka Chaturdashi , Bali Padyami, Laxmi  Pooja and so on..One of the day is for Go Pooja for the cows and cattle.The cow shed is cleaned thoroughly and decorated, so also the cows. The children and the entire family takes part in the Pooja . Among the agriculturist communities nature plays an important part and most of the festivities are connected to  nature. The fields too are cleared up of all the unwanted weeds . It is also a way of showing our gratitude and respect for nature.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

House cleaning and inner cleaning both are important. But inner cleaning is tough than house cleaning. So most of peoples prefer house cleaning on festivals. Every one know that brusting crackers is harmful for enviornment and health but no one like avoid it. Deepawali is on 30th but one of my neighbor is bursting it for last one week.

Here too bursting Crackers will start much ahead of Deepwali. These crackers cause not only nuisance, also cause deafness.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Here too bursting Crackers will start much ahead of Deepwali. These crackers cause not only nuisance, also cause deafness.

I am deaf but I feeling too much problem with these crackers. My town in border area so here crackers of loud sound are banned but no one caring it.

usha manohar wrote:

In our ancestral village Diwali is celebrated for seven days starting with Naraka Chaturdashi , Bali Padyami, Laxmi  Pooja and so on..One of the day is for Go Pooja for the cows and cattle.The cow shed is cleaned thoroughly and decorated, so also the cows. The children and the entire family takes part in the Pooja . Among the agriculturist communities nature plays an important part and most of the festivities are connected to  nature. The fields too are cleared up of all the unwanted weeds . It is also a way of showing our gratitude and respect for nature.

Showing our gratitude for nature surely is way to spiritual richness. Surely makes us realize that no matter how accoutered we feel as a supreme creation of God, We owe it to Nature and are bound to be grateful to it. Definitely brings reverence and humility, both a must for inner richness.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Yesterday, I got a beautiful image on WhatsApp where there is a picture of huge ear and a lady cleaning the inner of ear with a broom. The caption read "Diwali cleaning is on. Please clean your ears of the kachda (dirt and filth )that you enjoy listening about others".

I think message was clear and very deep. Do not feed your senses with any dirt which accumulates in inner grossness

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.