Performing research is crucial for every writer and to write a better article appropriate acquisition of knowledge is required. I would like everyone to share what is the better method of researching for any topic in your opinion. All point of views are welcome.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I for one, read a lot written by famous writers and Researchers. These Scholars are the Fountain heads of knowledge. Additionally, I discuss with other known Friends, who are experienced in their own fields.

There may be other ways to boost the Research skills. It varies from person to person. One has to choose that suits them.

These ways are useful not only to the sphere of Article writing, but to any field, where Wring is involved.

It comes from your experience, your perception and your interest. Reading a lot in print or online does help. It is also good to discuss with people from whom you expect to get some fruitful inputs. Being alert for things around and open to perceive views around helps a lot.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

It comes from your experience, your perception and your interest. Reading a lot in print or online does help. It is also good to discuss with people from whom you expect to get some fruitful inputs. Being alert for things around and open to perceive views around helps a lot.

All are valid points. Being aware of the conditions around will definitely help.

Boosting Research Skills

Category: General Discussions 7 hours ago

Performing research is crucial for every writer and to write a better article appropriate acquisition of knowledge is required. I would like everyone to share what is the better method of researching for any topic in your opinion. All point of views are welcome..

I agree research is a must when you want to write a personalised article. It could be through books,  or reading other articles.  I personally feel and do write on topics that I am comfortable with , the ones that I can easily relate to ! But, I have written on subjects on which I did not have much information. I read up on other articles and books to get more information and once you write one article on the subject, writing another article on a related subject becomes much easier.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

All are valid points. Being aware of the conditions around will definitely help.

I have mentioned that,. being alert of happenings around. I think you might have missed that in your overenthusiasm to post. 

usha manohar wrote:

Boosting Research Skills

Category: General Discussions 7 hours ago

Performing research is crucial for every writer and to write a better article appropriate acquisition of knowledge is required. I would like everyone to share what is the better method of researching for any topic in your opinion. All point of views are welcome..

I agree research is a must when you want to write a personalised article. It could be through books,  or reading other articles.  I personally feel and do write on topics that I am comfortable with , the ones that I can easily relate to ! But, I have written on subjects on which I did not have much information. I read up on other articles and books to get more information and once you write one article on the subject, writing another article on a related subject becomes much easier.

I agree..reading up on a number of topics really help. Also keeping ourselves updated with happenings around us, in the world, reading newspaper segments on various topics such as business, health, lifestyle etc. also help us to write articles on various topics.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Summarizing it, I will say you have to collect information on the topic through various sources, organize it or process it in to thoughtful points and add your insight and perception to it. 

Personally speaking, when I decide to write an article on any subject I normally open a file on word and keep adding random thoughts that come to my mind about the subject. It could be from.any source. I have several such files on my comp on different subjects and I keep adding on until I feel there is enough material for an article 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

All the resources at your disposal must be collected and be used to write a good Article. In my case, I collect such material from Various Books, News Channels and from knowledgeable people whom I meet.

I use the same strategy as Usha. The only difference being that I pen it down manually whenever I come across any idea from any source. I only write it down on my laptop when i feel that I have enough to articulate and convey through my writing. Sometimes I even have to split informations into more than one article to make it precised and effective. So if you have more information you can have few articles around different aspects of same topic. I always keep the target audience in mind depending on the site/ magazine I am writing for.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.