Is becoming a Journalist or Freelance writer better for a writer? I would like to know your views on this and why you think which one is better than the two options. Looking forward to know what everyone thinks.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Do you have a bachelor's Degree in either Communications or Journalism ?

No, I have a bachelor's degree in business administration. I will furthur pursue my studies.

rambabu wrote:

Do you have a bachelor's Degree in either Communications or Journalism ?

What kind of a response is that ? Isnt this a discussion she has started .. I would any day prefer freelance because of the freedom it gives you. However, one of my nephew works as a wild life news reporter and he says it is extremely tough and often dangerous when he is reporting about endangered species and quotes statistics and specific figures. So, it depends on the individual  as to how far he or she would be willing to go ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

@Rambabu,

A degree in communication or journalism is not compulsary to become freelance writer or journalist. I have started working in both the fields and I have started pitching also. I just started topic in general sense only and not for me precisely.

A Bachelors degree combined with relevant work experience  is the best path  to landing in a job in Journalism. I too worked as a freelancer in a local Advertising Agency. My job is to design a children's Magazine . That's why I asked Visakha's interests.

Vishakha Purohit wrote:

@Rambabu,

A degree in communication or journalism is not compulsary to become freelance writer or journalist. I have started working in both the fields and I have started pitching also. I just started topic in general sense only and not for me precisely.

OK. Because, I was not knowing about your details earlier. I am a Digital Artist.Additionally I specialized in Ad Copy writing and illustrating the Web Pages.

Okay, well, I have a variety of interests, fiction, poetry, serial fiction and non-fiction like marketing, finance, personal development, parenting, meditation and many more that I write in my blog or website, "VishakhaOutlook.wordpress.com". I also provide editing and proofreading services apart from freelance writing. I guess that's all about what I do in a short summary.

Vishakha Purohit wrote:

Okay, well, I have a variety of interests, fiction, poetry, serial fiction and non-fiction like marketing, finance, personal development, parenting, meditation and many more that I write in my blog or website, "VishakhaOutlook.wordpress.com". I also provide editing and proofreading services apart from freelance writing. I guess that's all about what I do in a short summary.

Well I had seen your Web site. Are contributors allowed in Personal Development ? If so let me know.

I have not started seeking for contributions from writers yet but I am thinking about to start accepting contributions very soon. 

Vishakha Purohit wrote:

I have not started seeking for contributions from writers yet but I am thinking about to start accepting contributions very soon. 

Let us stick to the discussion at hand, given a chance rambabu will discuss anything but that ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.