The United Nations decided to dedicate March 8th as International Women's day in the year 1975 although the moment for equal rights began much earlier by the Russian women . Since then every year this day has been celebrated by all nations esp by women around the world. There are all kinds of celebrations with some women coming together to do some social work, some having private get together etc .. The link article gives some information on what Womens day is all about,

However, it is unfortunate that women need a day to remind others that they need to be treated equally, while  majority of the men in India still think women as inferior beings compared to themselves. I know of several marriages where the woman is more educated, earning better and is far more capable  than her husband but the husband tends to treat her like his subordinate. To a certain extent I blame the women themselves for putting up ith such men.

Please share your own views as to how you view womens day and whether it has brought in any positive changes in the life of women in general

https://www.internationalwomensday.com/About

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sharing a link from which every woman must draw a lesson for the lifetime. It's a well known story but we hardly remember that lady to be inspired instead we always pray to her husband for His blessings. Link:

http://metamorphosiseyou.blogspot.in/2015/10/buddhas-wife.html

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

Earlier today I got the same link on WhatsApp ...All of us laud Buddha's great qualities but give little thought to his wife who must have suffered silently in her own way..I guess there is a lot of strength required to carry on with your responsibilities inspite of the adversities rather than cut and run when you have had enough of this world ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Sharing a link from which every woman must draw a lesson for the lifetime. It's a well known story but we hardly remember that lady to be inspired instead we always pray to her husband for His blessings. Link:

Thanks for sharing it. very interesting story. Woman in complete but man is incomplete without woman. Ardhnarishvar is its proof.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Celebrating Women's Day might bring a few positive changes in society...may create awareness about the rights of women. But awareness helps only if we live it up. So we can see positive changes only when each woman comes forward, embraces the pride of being a woman, stops being judgmental about other women and puts up all her effort in best interest of world to bring up a generation which is free from the shackles of patriarchal mindset. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Celebrating Women's day is the recognition of the power of being a woman.Every woman need to feel proud of being "she" then only men and the society will respect her.She is best in all roles right from daughter,sister,wife,daughter-in-law,mother.She just needs a recognition as an individual and dignified status in society.

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Thanks for sharing it. very interesting story. Woman in complete but man is incomplete without woman. Ardhnarishvar is its proof.

Shampa Sadhya's link given is  thought provoking. Every women should take a leaf from this.

KIRAN wrote:

Celebrating Women's day is the recognition of the power of being a woman.Every woman need to feel proud of being "she" then only men and the society will respect her.She is best in all roles right from daughter,sister,wife,daughter-in-law,mother.She just needs a recognition as an individual and dignified status in society.

A society that has scant respect and regard for women is as good as backward which is what India is. Any respect  given is done so grudgingly ...You can see the men's superior attitude at every level. I do find some of their antics immature and highly amusing like when a woman driver overtakes them they feel offended  and immediately feel the need to overtake her , a woman questions them when they are in the wrong and they feel offended that a mere woman has the audacity to do so etc ...The list is endless. Until the men in our country grow up and act like adults this society will not change much for the better ...

We all know, about the plight of  the woman n the Society. A  woman is subjected to harassment and torture in all walks of life. Unless,this situation changes,Such International Days will not be of any use.

I was watching a studio discussion involving Maneka Gandhi and the maternity bill that has been passed yesterday granting 26 weeks of paid leave for mothers after child birth which is yet another great initiative taken by the Modi government.

During g the discussion she was asked as to why she was not favoring the paternity leave which is granted all over the world. She said that paternity leave consisting of 4 weeks is already there for men. Apparently only 2 percent avail this so no point in increasing it . Goes to show the mindset of our Indian men who would not want to help out the wife during that period ,I guess it is below their dignity ! 

usha manohar wrote:
KIRAN wrote:

A society that has scant respect and regard for women is as good as backward which is what India is. Any respect  given is done so grudgingly ...You can see the men's superior attitude at every level. I do find some of their antics immature and highly amusing like when a woman driver overtakes them they feel offended  and immediately feel the need to overtake her , a woman questions them when they are in the wrong and they feel offended that a mere woman has the audacity to do so etc ...The list is endless. Until the men in our country grow up and act like adults this society will not change much for the better ...

Things are changing but to change want some time. I am reading in these day Bio-Graphy of Sharat Chand Chattoupdya, famous Bengali writer, Condition of women are much better what is written in this book about condition of women at that time.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.