The topic is locked.

If you are fatigued by heat and feeling drained in the Sun, there is nothing better than Sattu. Sattu is nothing but gram (Chhola) roasted, and then ground to a powder,

A large portion of Sattu, giving you an instant burst of energy and easily absorbed in the bloodstream.

Indian body builders swear by Sattu. From wrestling Akhadas to Desi Gymnasiums Sattu is very popular

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/luke-coutinho/theres-no-indian-superfood-like-sattu-recipe/?utm_hp_ref=in-homepage

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sattu is is a great Indian superfood. It has many surprising health benefits. It can be taken with sugar and salt as well. But more popular one is Namkeen Sattu. Here is Namkeen Sattu Recipe.

In a mug or bowl, take 4 tablespoon Sattu.

Add 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder.

Add 1/2 teaspoon black salt.

Pour 750 ml chilled water and squeeze 1 Lemon.

With a spoon mix the mixture well.

Your sattu drink is now ready to serve.

Thank you said by: rambabu

Sattu s full of proteins which is quite healthy for the body

Rabish Kumar wrote:

Sattu is is a great Indian superfood. It has many surprising health benefits. It can be taken with sugar and salt as well. But more popular one is Namkeen Sattu. Here is Namkeen Sattu Recipe.

In a mug or bowl, take 4 tablespoon Sattu.

Add 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder.

Add 1/2 teaspoon black salt.

Pour 750 ml chilled water and squeeze 1 Lemon.

With a spoon mix the mixture well.

Your sattu drink is not ready to serve.

I guess you meant.. You sattu drink is now (instead of not) ready to serve ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes, this is a big mistake from my side. Thanks for highlighting my mistake. I am going to edit the same.

Apart from providing the body with energy, what makes Sattu quite a unique ingredient is that its prepping process keeps the nutritional vales in place. I can be stored for a longer time.

Sattu has good proportions of Iron, manganese and Magnesium

I like sattu but only when it is stuffed in parathas. I don't like drinks made from sattu

Of course, one of my friend who is from north India said,Sattu stuffed parathas are extremely delicious and healthy too.He further added that  the north Indian cuisine is ideally served as the main dish with Bangan ka bharta, curd and pickle

Sattu is the best Indian superfood.Sattu is made in so many different ways at different places.I like a sattu lot of my village U.P. 

Aditya tripathi wrote:

Sattu is the best Indian superfood.Sattu is made in so many different ways at different places.I like a sattu lot of my village U.P. 

I agree. Sattu is used in regional cuisine to varying degrees in Bihar, UP, uttarakhand, Punjab and Delhi. Unfortunately Sattu is little known in my State AP. but I knew about Sattu  from some of my friends and relatives from other states, where Sattu is abundantly available. and treated as a Super food.

I tasted and ate Sattu preparations brought by these friends and relatives

Sattu is also not known in the North eastern states. I came to know of it from my friends from Bihar and since then have grown to like its flavour.

Thank you said by: Rabish Kumar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.