I have had many many discussions with friends ,relatives and colleagues regarding Kashmir and the problems faced by the Indian army, the government and the people of Kashmir. I have two relatives serving in the army , stationed in Anantnag and Srinagar and while they had come on a short leave to visit their families , we met them recently. The generak opinion here is that we should let go of Kashmir rather than hold on to it. According to the two army men, the Kashmiris while wanting freedom would never let Pakistan take over ..it would be a Bangladesh like situation and very likely they would realise all the many benefits they enjoyed while it was part of India .

As of now we lose so many precious lives of our army personnel and for what ? To hold on to a piece of land with people who hate India and don't want to be part of it ,thereby showing their hatred for India by targetting the jawans. Is it really fair?

Please share your own thoughts without bias ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Very interesting topic. Let me give you my opinion having served in Kashmir.Firstly let me state giving Kashmir away should NEVER be an option. What is required is strong will power which Indian governments from Nehru to Modi lack.

The solution is very simple. Do not forget the valley is only about 100 miles long and 50 wide. It's a small area . First dismiss BJP and PDP government. Abolish article  370 and allow Bihari and UP to flood the state.The law that no Indian can buy land or settle in Kashmir needs to be abolished. We hVe to change the demographic profile. This could have been done decades back but governments including Vajpaye and now Modi develop cold feet.

Secondly like China take harsh measures and send all opposing elders to hard labor for 25 years.each and even death. This is how China solved Tibet problem and now controlling the Uighar Muslim revolt in Sinkiang. China has settled thousands in Muslim area. Bangladesh did same in Chittagong hill tracts.

Giving away Kashmir is no solution. Modi talked big but he has done nothing. In fact things have worsened after he came to power and formed government with PDP. Solution is simple. China can do it why not India. Required guts.

I have seen many Muslim in valley support India but weakness of Indian government is solely responsible for present impasse. Modi must take the cake for this. As I write eradicating little corruption is too high a price to pay to lose Kashmir and hence Modi must go.

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh

We can eliminate terrorists and terrorism from Kashmir as it is very simple task (Army can do it within a week)  but if corruption is eradicated most of the problems will be solved. We don't want the origin of corruption back in power.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
suni51 wrote:

We can eliminate terrorists and terrorism from Kashmir as it is very simple task (Army can do it within a week)  but if corruption is eradicated most of the problems will be solved. We don't want the origin of corruption back in power.

Are you sure it's a weeks operation? The only way the army can fight is by attacking camps deep inside Pak in Punjab and POK. It means a full scale war and who will win ?It could also mean defeat or a stalemate and a nuclear clash.

The only solution is to abolish Art 370 and allow free settlement  in the valley. Change the demographic picture and imprison all opposition like Hurriat to 25 years hard labor. What is needed is a page from China book. Who will do it ? Modi?

@ MG , we cannot overlook the fact that when Modi came to power in 2014 , the Kashmir situation had reached boiling point. The PDP - BJP govt has done a lot of good work and according to statistics , at no time have we seen so many terrorists being  eliminated in the valley . Pakistan and the pak based terrorists have escalated their activities because of the situation prevailing there , not because of Modi but because of the past mis management . I would totally agree with the abolition of article 370 , but I perceive that legally it is not easy to do that without help from J and K assembly..so BJP has to get a firmer base there .

https://www.news18.com/news/india/abrogation-of-article-370-a-very-complex-affair-say-legal-experts-690866.html

@ Sunil , I too would think that eradicating corruption is very essential in controlling terror funding and all other related security matters ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have heard this opinion opinion voiced by others too....leave Kashmir, let those idiots cut their own throats and see them running back to India once they realise how it will under Pak rule as clearly they cannot function on their own. But it would be unfair and unjust to many who believe in India and want to be in India and also teh unfortunate fate of what little Hindus are remaining in the valley.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Kashmiri Pandits who have been driven away by the terrorists also need to be given justice . However, as of now it is such an explosive situation there and I feel that we have to take a firm stand regardless of hat the opposition or the world community thinks or else let go off it ..

@MGSingh I am sure you don't mean that if congress comes to power it will remove 370 from J&K. Actually it was congress that brought this dubious article and now asking to remove it. Yes it's very much possible to eliminate all anti national elements from the valley but who will cry foul then? The Congress and its supporters. I have spent a lot of time in Kashmir valley and Jammu region and talked to many. Actually it's the money paid by Pakistan to terror groups which is behind stoning and other activities.Kashmir would be worse than Afghanistan due to Islamic fanatics and there is no ray of hope in near future. Indian Army is ignoring their nonsense but how long will they tolerate is hidden in the future.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Are you sure it's a weeks operation? The only way the army can fight is by attacking camps deep inside Pak in Punjab and POK. It means a full scale war and who will win ?It could also mean defeat or a stalemate and a nuclear clash.

You are right any attack in side Pakistan will be change in full scale war. If India will won war but with it cann't win Kashmiries. Best solution of this problem is that India and Pakistan both kept which is with them. Second India abolish section 370.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

You are right any attack in side Pakistan will be change in full scale war. If India will won war but with it cann't win Kashmiries. Best solution of this problem is that India and Pakistan both kept which is with them. Second India abolish section 370.

That should have been done soon after Pakistan declared war on India after Independence..

I am amazed at the manner in which the Hindus have been treated in the valley simply because Muslims are in majority , so one can imagine what would be the fate of the hindus in Years to cone when their number keeps growing as it has been happening so far  . Not a murmur about the suffering of Pandits  from the grand old Communal party or any of it's leaders . Today they defend the stone pelters and ask Pakistan to help them remove Modi . My own feeling is that Kashmiri separatists and other terror group s draw their strength from our opposition politicians who are anything but patriotic ...

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.