Do you think that Gandhian Principles of Non-Violence , simple living, saying truth in all situation are valid and relevant in today's world ? If anyone follows this principle today , people call him fool. Some times if you tell only truth, it will bring danger to your job in corporate sector. I am saying this because companies hide many things from clients.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Why I raised this point is because I myself have experienced trouble in corporate sector if I tell truth to customer. People don't want that anyone should follow complete truth.

Theoretically, One can still live a simple, non violent life if one wants. It will be more contented and uncomplicated life. However, very few people will choose such lives. We have seen how even some of those who claim to be God man and woman are leading a luxurious life. 

But there are people who do prefer to follow the Gandhain principles. One of my acquaintances, has chosen to lead an ascetic life even though he was born in a very rich family. That too at a very young age, right after he passed his class 10.  He preferred the simple life of ascetic over the luxurious life others are enjoying.

Thank you said by: arjun sai
jabeen wrote:

Theoretically, One can still live a simple, non violent life if one wants. It will be more contented and uncomplicated life. However, very few people will choose such lives. We have seen how even some of those who claim to be God man and woman are leading a luxurious life. 

But there are people who do prefer to follow the Gandhain principles. One of my acquaintances, has chosen to lead an ascetic life even though he was born in a very rich family. That too at a very young age, right after he passed his class 10.  He preferred the simple life of ascetic over the luxurious life others are enjoying.

Such people are the ones who set the benchmark for others. But considering the surrounding, it is practically impossible to live a life in such a way until you have your own ecosystem and you are not dependent on anyone else for your livelihood.

In Bhagavadgita Lord Krishna has said that one has to live within the frame work of ones birth, role and status in life. Gandhi was by no means perfect but he tried to better himself at every stage of his life. As far as truth is concerned, it depends entirely on ones perception...If people become responsible and contributing citizens to the society they live in, one can say that they have achieved a lot...

Telling truth can be dangerous at times and you have to be wise enough to know when not  to speak the truth in the interest of all concerned.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The principles of Bhagvad Gita or of Gandhi are still valid if you really hold them close to heart and have trust on them. It was never easy to follow them..not even in old days. They have been a tough path to follow but still there have been people in all generations who chose tough over easy and so called practical. What you bring in practice becomes practical. So it is not only in today's time but it was tough in all times. We are born with virtues of truth and simplicity and we loose it as we grow trying to fit and be normal. The principles are still good. Yes, you might need to be a little smarter to implement them. Compromises on moral grounds have to be made for a larger picture. Yudhishtra spoke truth always but he played a trick to lie to Dronacharya in garb of truth. Their the victory of dharma was the larger picture and truth was compromised.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

On paper Gandhi sounds well and ideal but you can't live with his tota ideology in present day. You will be a looser if you do.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Role models are fine but practically speaking we have to lead our lives within the perphery of our own family and social standing or else you stick out like a sore thumb ...I agree totally with Sunil that Gandhian ideals look good on paper and for politicians to lecture on, while they carry on with corrupt practices..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Most of people known Gandhi ji for his non violence principal. Gandhi ji was against change of religion, how many people like this principal of Gandhi ji. 

anil wrote:

Most of people known Gandhi ji for his non violence principal. Gandhi ji was against change of religion, how many people like this principal of Gandhi ji. 

Practising a particular religion is a mater of personal choice. So if an individual is not satisfied with the teachings of the religion he or she was born with, then he or she should be given the freedom of changing the religion.

Though I am also again forceful or coercive actions for changing other's religions.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
suni51 wrote:

On paper Gandhi sounds well and ideal but you can't live with his tota ideology in present day. You will be a looser if you do.

Correctly said. Nowadays people need to learn how to fight against injustice. If a person follows the principle that if someone hit on one side of your face you should give him other side to hit, then he will be surely killed by this brutal world one day.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.