With the manifold increase in online orders due to increase in discounts & offers in various apps like Zomato, Uber Eats, Foodpanda, etc. Is it good to eat outside food or is not healthy?

Also in Chips, most of the chips are from Palmolein Oil which is very harmful to health.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/sunday-times/worldheartday-palm-oil-and-effect-on-heart/articleshow/65998422.cms

Even in Cocoa or chocolate making, I have heard that there are Cockroaches that come because of the sweet smell of the item and fall into it. Firstly it was asked to stop production by the Court, however the companies got the permission finally on the condition that only a certain percentage of the Cocoa containing cockroaches is allowed and not beyond it!

https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/chocolate-allergies-linked-cockroach-parts-628784

All the junk food that we eat are above the recommended levels for a serving size & also the junk food gives us 1/2 the day's required fat from just 1 item!!!

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/coverage/health/eat-at-your-own-risk-37902

Is it time to turn to home made items only where we can do some yummy dishes with quality oil, eat in recommended level as part of balanced diet and be healthy?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If you are health conscious, then you must consume home made food as much as possible. There's no substitute to it ! Having said that, I feel there's not much harm if outside food from restaurants and junk food is taken once in a while. However, it's important to see that we don't get addicted to them.

I am living here in small city so we are not eating outisde foods frequently. No doubt home made foods are healthy. It is not believable that court allowed to sell cocoa which have cockroaches.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

If you are health conscious, then you must consume home made food as much as possible. There's no substitute to it ! Having said that, I feel there's not much harm if outside food from restaurants and junk food is taken once in a while. However, it's important to see that we don't get addicted to them.

Consuming healthy out site food for change is not bad habit. In homes foods are cooked by females so it is must to give them rest from it for one day.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee, epraneeth77

I feel that there is nothing wrong in enjoying outside food if done in moderation. I have grown to appreciate cuisine of different regions after eating them in restuarant and dhabas or somewhere else. I also feel that compared to past, nowadays restuarant and hotels are managed in a more hygienic manner. 

I though minimise the use of processed and packets food stuff and also advise others to consume them in moderation.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
jabeen wrote:

I feel that there is nothing wrong in enjoying outside food if done in moderation. I have grown to appreciate cuisine of different regions after eating them in restuarant and dhabas or somewhere else. I also feel that compared to past, nowadays restuarant and hotels are managed in a more hygienic manner. 

I though minimise the use of processed and packets food stuff and also advise others to consume them in moderation.

You are right that now hotels are more hygienic than earlier but they never good as home made food. 

jabeen wrote:

I agree with you. When you take into consideration factors such as customer satisfaction and hygiene, then there's absolutely no doubt that the standard of these things have improved to a great extent in restaurants than what it used to be in the past. This transformation has been possible thanks to a growing awareness on healthy food and healthy means of cooking and preservation. However, the standard of street food and junk food items remain the same. Therefore, people need to be more careful and think twice before consuming them.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I agree with you. When you take into consideration factors such as customer satisfaction and hygiene, then there's absolutely no doubt that the standard of these things have improved to a great extent in restaurants than what it used to be in the past. This transformation has been possible thanks to a growing awareness on healthy food and healthy means of cooking and preservation. However, the standard of street food and junk food items remain the same. Therefore, people need to be more careful and think twice before consuming them.

Hygenic is good in only big hotels. In small hotels it is not good one. Most of peoples are using small hotels and Dhabas. Like it consumer of food street are more in India.

Not all restaurant s are unhygienic but we need to be careful ...I agree with Jabeen that we get to know and appreciate good from other regions only when we eat them at restaurant s. When you travel you have to depend on restaurants and takeaways for your meals ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

I think it is unavoidable when we are going to other states or regions and it is important to eat outside when we go to other places of the Country or Outside.

But, if we are staying at our residence, it is important to avoid outside food or limit it and opt for healthy alternatives instead.

Like Too Yumm, which has sunflower oil, pulpy orange or other fruit juices, coconut water and sugar cane juice.

Also, I am uncertain as to what the food delivery service gives us on our plate. Is it just cold food again heated in some cases?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I think the oil used for cooking is the main point of debate, some use low quality oil and I think most of them use palmolein oil which is very unhealthy. Most of the packed items use palmolein oil. If it is not used in Hotels, then it is a welcome sign, but I feel if one is at his residence only, it is good only to eat outside in decent intervals rather than daily or so frequently.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.