Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I feel that there is nothing wrong in enjoying outside food if done in moderation. I have grown to appreciate cuisine of different regions after eating them in restuarant and dhabas or somewhere else. I also feel that compared to past, nowadays restuarant and hotels are managed in a more hygienic manner. 

I though minimise the use of processed and packets food stuff and also advise others to consume them in moderation.

I agree with you. When you take into consideration factors such as customer satisfaction and hygiene, then there's absolutely no doubt that the standard of these things have improved to a great extent in restaurants than what it used to be in the past. This transformation has been possible thanks to a growing awareness on healthy food and healthy means of cooking and preservation. However, the standard of street food and junk food items remain the same. Therefore, people need to be more careful and think twice before consuming them.

I think the oil used for cooking is the main point of debate, some use low quality oil and I think most of them use palmolein oil which is very unhealthy. Most of the packed items use palmolein oil. If it is not used in Hotels, then it is a welcome sign, but I feel if one is at his residence only, it is good only to eat outside in decent intervals rather than daily or so frequently.

Use of cooking oil is depends on area. In my area I never saw palmolein oil. Here we are using mustred and soyabeen refined oil. And it is used is most of local hotels. 

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I feel that there is nothing wrong in enjoying outside food if done in moderation. I have grown to appreciate cuisine of different regions after eating them in restuarant and dhabas or somewhere else. I also feel that compared to past, nowadays restuarant and hotels are managed in a more hygienic manner. 

I though minimise the use of processed and packets food stuff and also advise others to consume them in moderation.

I agree with you. When you take into consideration factors such as customer satisfaction and hygiene, then there's absolutely no doubt that the standard of these things have improved to a great extent in restaurants than what it used to be in the past. This transformation has been possible thanks to a growing awareness on healthy food and healthy means of cooking and preservation. However, the standard of street food and junk food items remain the same. Therefore, people need to be more careful and think twice before consuming them.

I think the oil used for cooking is the main point of debate, some use low quality oil and I think most of them use palmolein oil which is very unhealthy. Most of the packed items use palmolein oil. If it is not used in Hotels, then it is a welcome sign, but I feel if one is at his residence only, it is good only to eat outside in decent intervals rather than daily or so frequently.

Use of cooking oil is depends on area. In my area I never saw palmolein oil. Here we are using mustred and soyabeen refined oil. And it is used is most of local hotels. 

Hotels might be using good oil, but packed items are mostly having Palmolein oil.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Hotels might be using good oil, but packed items are mostly having Palmolein oil.

Yes it may be I never care about it. 

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

May be you don't eat packed items that's why you don't care about it I think.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Apps such as Swiggy, zomato, Uber Eats etc. are good and very convenient but they should be used in moderation only. Although there are many new startups in Pune where young enterprising men and women endeavour to supply very good quality, healthy and nutritious food to people who are working long hours, but you have to really research and ask around to find such eateries. As far as I personally feel, food prepared from scratch at home using fresh and good ingredients s the best meal that you can get anywhere.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Yes I am not much interested in packed food. Here we brings local snacks some time. In Rajasthan groundnut oil is used in making snaks like Bikeneri bhujia

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Yes I am not much interested in packed food. Here we brings local snacks some time. In Rajasthan groundnut oil is used in making snaks like Bikeneri bhujia

It is very nice to avoid packed food.

Is the Bikaner Bhujia you are talking about is of a local brand or Haldirams?

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Apps such as Swiggy, zomato, Uber Eats etc. are good and very convenient but they should be used in moderation only. Although there are many new startups in Pune where young enterprising men and women endeavour to supply very good quality, healthy and nutritious food to people who are working long hours, but you have to really research and ask around to find such eateries. As far as I personally feel, food prepared from scratch at home using fresh and good ingredients s the best meal that you can get anywhere.

Tiffen service is available in my city. These service center are running my homemaker females. I never tried it but I think they are using fresh ingredients and healthy cooking oil. 

No tiffin wala uses good oil as we use in our home as their cost will shoot up. I don't think your city is an exception as well. However if it is a 3 star or 5 star hotel it is a different matter.

It's ok to eat outside food occasionally but in my opinion homemade food is always good for health and far better than outside food.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.