Hello all,

The title of the post is quite self-explanatory and is a very basic point while writing an article. Yet, there are many authors who do not give a space after each punctuation mark. While this is not politically wrong, it stills makes the article look quite cluttered and the text unreadable. I have been mentioning in the user notes to correct the same and yet it is not paid heed to.

I reviewed one article by a user and corrected the spaces myself, while mentioning that this point be remembered in future articles. The user instead of looking at the changes made, went ahead and gave spaces before the punctuation marks. Is there any matter of confusion between before and after, I wonder often!!

So please friends, I request you all to read this post and understand the importance of giving requisite spaces AFTER the punctuation mark and NOT BEFORE!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hello all,

The title of the post is quite self-explanatory and is a very basic point while writing an article. Yet, there are many authors who do not give a space after each punctuation mark. While this is not politically wrong, it stills makes the article look quite cluttered and the text unreadable. I have been mentioning in the user notes to correct the same and yet it is not paid heed to.

I reviewed one article by a user and corrected the spaces myself, while mentioning that this point be remembered in future articles. The user instead of looking at the changes made, went ahead and gave spaces before the punctuation marks. Is there any matter of confusion between before and after, I wonder often!!

So please friends, I request you all to read this post and understand the importance of giving requisite spaces AFTER the punctuation mark and NOT BEFORE!

Thanks a lot Kalyani, a point to bear in mind ... :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have seen such articles at various places before. I had once asked a person to write an article for me. He was a freelancer and said that he was writing for quite some time. When I saw the article, there was a space after the last word and then the period - full stop. (This is an example .) Just note the style of writing.
I have seen such articles at various places before. I had once asked a person to write an article for me. He was a freelancer and said that he was writing for quite some time. When I saw the article, there was a space after the last word and then the period - full stop. (This is an example .) Just note the style of writing.

This is a common practice employed by many writers, but a punctuation mark should be immediately placed after the last word, still it is at least readable.

Try reading a whole big para with not even a single space between consecutive lines! That is quite distractive and may even discourage readers!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.