Everyone of us grow and evolve as writers over a period of time. You could have undertaken some tasks or processes to improve your writing over the years. What has helped you the most? I will start by sharing my experience. I have been greatly helped by doing these things I have listed below-

1-Just writing and writing more has helped me improve my writing skills.

2-Reading and observing styles of writing of other authors.

3-The use of a thesaurus to add more vocabulary.

4-Ensuring that there are no grammatical issues by reading aloud and using a word processor

5-Editing and re-editing content I have written.

6-Research of connected literature, logical presentation etc..

These specific tasks have helped me improve my writing skills over a period of time. What are those specific tasks or processes you have undertaken to help you improve your writing?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I would agree with all those tasks you have done and listed ...I too feel that the only thing that helps is practice and gaining knowledge..Even conversing with people, even here on forums I have learnt so much. A word or a phrase is enough to make us explore further ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@usha..I am glad you think so..

The more we use the langue the more proficient we become.  

Yeah as you reaffirm  - practice makes perfect. There is nothing like getting on the ground and learning the skills yourself. 

Curiosity does open our minds to wider range of subjects, I agree.

Is there a way to present it in point format. It doesn't seem to work on the start a discussion box, though it works fine here. 

I am sure you can present in point format  now, couldn't you do that while starting the topic ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sofs wrote:

Yeah as you reaffirm  - practice makes perfect. There is nothing like getting on the ground and learning the skills yourself. 

Is there a way to present it in point format. It doesn't seem to work on the start a discussion box, though it works fine here. 

Did you mean you wanted to present your discussion in that format? If you find I did not do the job according to your choice I will amend it the way you ask me to do that.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Sofs wrote:

Absolutely so ..I find most Indians , while pointed out at some lack from their side, taking solace in the fact that 3English is not their language and they are bound to have a Hindi/ Kannada/Malayalees /Bengali or whatever accent and it is to be expected..To a certain extent one can agree with that but why not make the effort to do away with the accent .

I read regularly News paper, one in English and one in Telugu.. Additionally, I watch News Channels,

This helps me to refine my reading and writing Skills to some extent.

Sofs wrote:

Speaking about curiosity , imagination too is a powerful tool since it opens up many new avenues . Developing children's imagination is very essential to broaden their outlook ..

Curiosity allows one to explore different aspects of life.

Curiosity is the Mother of invention

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.