Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no sign of Zero in Roman otherwise they would not write xxi for twenty one.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

He has told.....upto 100. He never told , from where we should start..ha ha

I already told you they did not know about ZERO. Zero was invented afterwards and then only people came to know about its importance. :)

I already told you they did not know about ZERO. Zero was invented afterwards and then only people came to know about its importance. :)

I was just teasing you yaar..
You couldn't identify it :evil: :evil: :evil: :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
This is known as thinking and finding :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:[/quote]

You mean Romans never thought of importance of ZERO in numerals. :woohoo:[/quote]

They write X for 10, XX for 20, XXX for 30.
What about 100?[/quote]

Write 'c' for hundred

The decimal system and Arabic number system is based on concept of zero. The Roman numbers are just symbols and not capable of any further mathematical treatment, viz. addition, subtraction, division, multiplication. 'zero' means nothing. Its value is only for mathematical functions and not otherwise. Hence, no symbol for 'nothing' in Roman alphabet.[/quote]

They would write 'C' for hundred that stands for century/100 or Zero it self is in Roman

This is how they write -

Numbers 1 5 10 50 100 500 1000
Roman I V X L C D M

This is how they write -

Roman I V X L C D M

Yes this what we studied in school.

But i am suprised how they used to write 1/2. :blink:

This is how they write -

Roman I V X L C D M

They dont have half or quarter, they go for full. They are Romans not Indians. :laugh:

This is how they write -

Roman I V X L C D M

They dont have half or quarter, they go for full. They are Romans not Indians. :laugh:

But not only Indians whole world use fractional numbers. :woohoo: Its strannge to know that Roman still don't use fractions. :woohoo:
I already told you they did not know about ZERO. Zero was invented afterwards and then only people came to know about its importance. :)[/quote]

This is how they write -

Roman I V X L C D M[/quote]

But i am suprised how they used to write 1/2. :blink:[/quote]

They dont have half or quarter, they go for full. They are Romans not Indians. :laugh:[/quote]

But not only Indians whole world use fractional numbers. :woohoo: Its strannge to know that Roman still don't use fractions. :woohoo:[/quote]

They do every thing symbolically. They are very conservative in approach. I like the way we take half and quarter even Zero is a gift of our people to world, as if we had nothing else to give. You see zero is nothing. :P :P ;) At least half was fine.

This is how they write -

Roman I V X L C D M[/quote]

But i am suprised how they used to write 1/2. :blink:[/quote]

They dont have half or quarter, they go for full. They are Romans not Indians. :laugh:[/quote]

But not only Indians whole world use fractional numbers. :woohoo: Its strannge to know that Roman still don't use fractions. :woohoo:[/quote]

They do every thing symbolically. They are very conservative in approach. I like the way we take half and quarter even Zero is a gift of our people to world, as if we had nothing else to give. You see zero is nothing. :P :P ;) At least half was fine.[/quote]

You seem to have good knowledge of Romans have you been there in Rome to learn it Suny? :laugh:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.