Is it easy for you to ask for help when you need it, or do you prefer to rely only on yourself? Why? :: :whistle:

At first I always tried to solve problems on my own. I wouldn't know who or how to ask for help. Hence I got used to working all by myself.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is the same with me, I prefer to work on my own and solve my own problems. But there are times when I have realised that it is easier to get someone's help in particular jobs than doing it myself, so I try to ask for help but it is still hard for me!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

To be honest, I had a very bad habit of relying on others to get my work done. I knew that and wanted to get rid of it. I just tried to push things on my own. And after some serious efforts, I am pretty much independant now. I only ask for help when I need it, not like the bad old days...... :blush:
Is it easy for you to ask for help when you need it, or do you prefer to rely only on yourself? Why? :: :whistle:

At first I always tried to solve problems on my own. I wouldn't know who or how to ask for help. Hence I got used to working all by myself.

I try to do go all out for a work on my hands but if I feel it needs someone to get it done better, I do not hesitate. beside a teamwork is always better to perform better. Going alone can make you happy but doing it together is always good for a job well done. There is no harm doing it alone as long you are capable to handle it on your own.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: shadow

If we can not solve problem than nothing wrong in it to take help of some one.
Thank you said by: shadow

help is not a loan, I can always borrow it.

And everyone in this world requires help in some way or the other at some point of time in life. So, asking for help is nothing wrong, as you rightly pointed out. Who knows, some work may never be done without anyone's help.

I have always preferred to do things on my own...I may ask help only when I have to, otherwise I have done it all my life since I was taught to think independently since childhood and have done the same with my children !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Its the other way round in my case. Many years ago to get rid of shyness and stage fear, i took a daring step of enacting in a short play.Presto ! it proved to be a smashing hit. Many did not believe when I said that it was my maiden performance. Since then much water has flown under the bridge. In the very first instance, I learned playing a guitar. In the very first instance, I learned how to handle a digital pen and paint digital paintings.
This has boosted my confidence. Then I told myself, 'You can get a good hold on the things. What all you have to do is, get rid of the shackles of self imposed limitations."

Believe me, since then,I never sought help from an outside source to solve my problems. May be at times. i have to perspire more some times. But at the end of the day i can say proudly to my self, "This is my day."
Its the other way round in my case. Many years ago to get rid of shyness and stage fear, i took a daring step of enacting in a short play.Presto ! it proved to be a smashing hit. Many did not believe when I said that it was my maiden performance. Since then much water has flown under the bridge. In the very first instance, I learned playing a guitar. In the very first instance, I learned how to handle a digital pen and paint digital paintings.
This has boosted my confidence. Then I told myself, 'You can get a good hold on the things. What all you have to do is, get rid of the shackles of self imposed limitations."

Believe me, since then,I never sought help from an outside source to solve my problems. May be at times. i have to perspire more some times. But at the end of the day i can say proudly to my self, "This is my day."

I think none of us can reach to places if we look for help all the time because as they say 'it's survival of the fittest' but there is another fact that i corporate world you must ask for 'help' to keep things right and working. Going alone can prove 'trial and error' that can prove costly for your organization.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think none of us can reach to places if we look for help all the time because as they say 'it's survival of the fittest' but there is another fact that i corporate world you must ask for 'help' to keep things right and working. Going alone can prove 'trial and error' that can prove costly for your organization.

True. But depends on the conditions. When I was learning some popular software like Flash and Photoshop, I asked a friend who was an established computer programmer if he can throw some light on the above said software. He expressed his helplessness. Internet was in the initial stages in India then. The desire to learn PS and Flash has become stronger and stronger.
In this scenario I thought instead of waiting for some assistance making the progress Zero, I thought of proceeding ahead and make a move even an inch by trial and error. This small piece of success made my determination strong to move ahead, instead of staying at the starting point for days on without any progress, I preferred to move ahead even with mistakes.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.