Is buying a Fitbit worth it? or Do we have alternative Android app for same who can't buy such expensive watches for their health record ?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If you want to keep detailed track and even compete with friends n buddies and of course if you have the money to spend you can definitely go for Fitbit. It is worth it. But again there are a lot of free apps available in playstore to help. They will not be as accurate or have all the features, but it can be a start.. like the pedometere, pacer etc.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Sure but one of the bug I felt in these free app is that they even count the steps when you are travelling which must not at all as you are stationary. So wondering will fitbit also do the same if you are in cab or train ??

My question is, do we even need any such electronic gadgets to monitor our health? Our forefathers and fathers lived quite a healthy life and were fine enough without such gadgets, so why do we need to depend on them?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well said. This is nothing but mad rush towards such electronic gadgets. One can live even without any such gadgets. I for one maintaining a sound health without a gadget.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

My question is, do we even need any such electronic gadgets to monitor our health? Our forefathers and fathers lived quite a healthy life and were fine enough without such gadgets, so why do we need to depend on them?

I use a pedometer while walking just to keep me on my toes and also motivate because I can become lethargic but I would'nt want to spend a fortune on any gadget ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I guess we do. :P Our lives have become very fast paced these days. We are all very busy or seem to busy all the time. Trying to make the ends meet and at the same time provide our time and energies to our family, our parents, our social life, our jobs etc. In between all these many times forget the "ME" and that we need to keep the "ME" healthy and active for the long run. We need someone to keep reminding us to take enough water or eat enough or more or less calories and walk more. These gadgets do that. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thanks to all for wonderful replies...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.