Something like no desert for the day's dinner or no evening play has been sufficient to keep them in line. For younger kids, the best punishment is to not talk to them for three hours. A slap is always the last resort."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/parenting/Are-you-a-amp39wolfamp39-daddy/articleshow/11264645.cms

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Spanking is also a part of parenting but too much or too less of anything is harmful. The ancient Indian policy is- saam, daam, dand, bhed.  Dand (corporal punishment) is just one way. The best way is to convince. Corporal punishment should be rare and only for deliberate indiscipline or neglect of studies. I agree that the Chinese parent would have successfully sent his children to University by spanking. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There are in between ways in the realm of Parenthood that can yield good results. That is being friendly with the children and at the same time guiding the children constantly. At least until the children come to as stage when they become old enough to take their decisions.

No doubt we need to be strict at times with small children to make them understand and follow discipline but I am totally against any kind of physical punishment and I have never ever used it on any of my children.My son was extremely naughty and would drive me up the wall a dozen times a day but the best I did was burst into tears when I could not handle him LOL..... Now we laugh about it and he says that was emotional blackmail, may be, but better than spanking , in my opinion !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I learned from mistakes. I used to thrash my first born just in the beginning days of my marriage. But over a period, as my two daughters were born, I learned what I did was wrong. Providentially all my three children are well settled now.

We all learn from either our mistakes or from others mistakes mistakes and from our parents...My father never ever slapped us nor did he use any harsh words from what I recollect...We would know that he was unhappy just by his expressions ! I guess that and also a neighbor who was the opposite - once she thrashed her son so hard that he started bleeding from his mouth and ears and I was horrified to see that ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Right now my younger daughter is with me. She came to India on a vacation. I have seen her two daughters constantly sticking to the TV. I called my daughter aside and spoke my heart out that TV addiction is not good. And I also requested her not be harsh with her children and convince them with love. After 10 minutes, the kids came running to me and asked for blank papers and water colors for painting. This speaks it all.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.