Outdoor air pollution is the fifth largest cause of premature deaths in India. We take air and air quality for granted. Can we be proactive and contribute a bit to reduce air pollution in our own way ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/sapna-kedia/air-pollution-why-we-all-_b_8035766.html?utm_hp_ref=india

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think where the pollution is excess in cities like Delhi, there Government have to come ahead have to restrict people to use Petrol & diesel vehicles and starts using cycle, even if it is for 1 or 2 days in a week.

I really think that time has come to take strict action, other we will see losing our Capital and no one will like to come to delhi.

Want to make each day Accountable

People should also join hands with the Government. Air pollution is a problem for all. And everybody should do their bit

I really feel that we indians are not good in following rules. We are destroying our future life, by spreading lot of pollution. But we don't have enough option. Technology people have to develop some options for us and government have to put that option in market and encourage to buy that product which is environment friendly.

I don't agree to the point that people do not have option. If there is will there is a way How many of us are aware that  clean personal surrounds too contribute  to the protection of environment and in preventing air pollution ? Awareness is more important.

If i want to travel 20 kilometers and want to reach in half an hour, i won't prefer cycle. I have to take car or a bike which is not at all pollution friendly. I will choose that option which make me reach faster rather than concerning about i am spreading pollution or not.

True. In certain cases, it becomes inevitable to use certain things that contribute to air pollution. But by using car sharing with the people in your locality will reduce the usage of vehicles to some extent. Using public transportation will help.

True fact is that people don't join hands for any cause until it comes to them. For any problem  they think whether they are good or not, their surroundings are clean or not. I really don't understand why some people dumb their trash before another house in India. Such things show how selfish they are. So what if they dump trash before some else house they are forgetting the fact that one day someone else will do the same thing to them. Awareness is important but it should start with municipal corporation workers as they don't know how harmful things they do to environment in the process of cleaning. At my place the dump is set afire which causes suffocation to the residents staying there. Some time plastic bags and battery they also burn creating lot of smoke. Lot of times we asked them to stop doing this activity but still they do it without any second though. 

This is the case with all of us. How many of us know about environment protection and the repercussions if the environment is not protected ? This is all due to lack of awareness.

Some people use car or bike to show their status. Some use car or bike to travel even small distance. It is time to change our mentality. Either we should share the vehicle or use bicycle to go to places nearby. If possible just walk as walking is good for health.

http://www.comparenshop.in

The practice of sharing the vehicle by the residents living in the same locality  helps in reducing the air pollution. But as you said in a bid to buy new cars and Bikes people are contributing to the Air pollution.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.