Hello boddunan family members

Today is world food day

While the world has advanced in food technology, yet there are many who are unfed.

Lots of contamination and adulteration in food.

Are you aware of what you eat?

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

World Food Day is observed all over the world on October 16. It's objective is to eradicate Hunger by spreading awareness among the people.

But with the rampant abuse of environment for the sake of Development, rainfall has become scarce. Groundwater levels are depleting. All these factors are to pondered before we think of eradicating Hunger.

It applies to India too. Due to reduced rainfall, it has become a herculean task for a farmer to grow his crops. For this reason farmers are forced to resort to chemical based agriculture. The chemical used for farming are ridden with toxins, which further lead to poisoning the food.  The traders started using artificial colors to the vegetables and artificial ways to ripen the fruits.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm aware that I'm eating poison, not food. But I don't have any option. Some consolation for me is, I eat more pulses. and I eat only home food.

The  positive side is that the advances in agri science has resulted in farm productivity going up considerably. IN 1970's India's food grain production was around 90 million tonnes anually. Today it is nearly 260 million tonnes on less agriculture land then was available in the seventies. One of the major contributions is from chemical fertilizers which boost the production in many cases by a factor of 10 when compared to non use of fertilizers. Today only around 30-40% of arable land is irrigated, rest is dependent on  monsoon. Expanding irrigation involves expenditure of huge capital and thus progress is slow. In any business there will be black sheep, but they should not be the yardstick to judge progress. 

First and foremost aspect is to stop abusing the environment. Without this, Rainfall will be reduced and famine conditions take place. More greenery will help. Rain fall will be normal. Farming will become more profitable and the subsequent benefits will follow.

rambabu wrote:

World Food Day is observed all over the world on October 16. It's objective is to eradicate Hunger by spreading awareness among the people.

But with the rampant abuse of environment for the sake of Development, rainfall has become scarce. Groundwater levels are depleting. All these factors are to pondered before we think of eradicating Hunger.

It applies to India too. Due to reduced rainfall, it has become a herculean task for a farmer to grow his crops. For this reason farmers are forced to resort to chemical based agriculture. The chemical used for farming are ridden with toxins, which further lead to poisoning the food.  The traders started using artificial colors to the vegetables and artificial ways to ripen the fruits.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm aware that I'm eating poison, not food. But I don't have any option. Some consolation for me is, I eat more pulses. and I eat only home food.

Not only we eating poison, we are drinking poison, we are breathing poison. We have not any option. Pulses are also not free from poison. You can cook food at home you can't grow these at home. The best solution of it is use these with care. Use old grains and try to grow some vegetable at home. Filter water properly.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Not only we eating poison, we are drinking poison, we are breathing poison. We have not any option. Pulses are also not free from poison. You can cook food at home you can't grow these at home. The best solution of it is use these with care. Use old grains and try to grow some vegetable at home. Filter water properly.

I agree. We don't have any option. Even old grains also not easily available except in faraway village  fairs. In these fast paced life, it is not possible. But as you said, one should exercise utmost care in using these foods. That is the only option left to us.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I agree. We don't have any option. Even old grains also not easily available except in faraway village  fairs. In these fast paced life, it is not possible. But as you said, one should exercise utmost care in using these foods. That is the only option left to us.

Always purchase whole grains and store them for one year. In this way you will get old grains. Sock pluses at least 6 hours and that use these.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Always purchase whole grains and store them for one year. In this way you will get old grains. Sock pluses at least 6 hours and that use these.

Purchasing whole grains and storing them for one year is thing about which i had no idea.. Of course soaking the pulses 6 hours before use, is what we too do  here,

i like to eat food very much, and i cannot wait if the food is served in front of me ,so as we all. Happy food day to our members of boddunan.com 

bhuyali saroj

World Food Day is observed to remind the populace, in view of the omnipresent food scarcity and to find ways to eradicate hunger caused by food scarcity and spread awareness about the value of food. It is the responsibility of all of us to work towards eradicating hunger and to treat every grain and morsel of food as precious.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Purchasing whole grains and storing them for one year is thing about which i had no idea.. Of course soaking the pulses 6 hours before use, is what we too do  here,

Here purchasing grain for whole year is very common. Wheat is our principal grain. Mix 20Ml. cow urine in water and soak vegetable and fruits in it for 10 minutes, yours vegetable and fruit will free from harmful insecticides.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.