Most people think that travelling and holidays are expensive. However, it need not be if we take the trouble to look around and find places that are not just affordable but cheap while compared to many popular destinations. The list of 10 places given are all very attractive and have a lot to offer for people who are looking for a relaxed fun filled holiday. 

http://www.holidayiq.com/blog/10-destinations-in-india-you-can-visit-on-shoestring-budget-1585.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=blog&utm_content=paid

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

True. Among the list I visited Pondicherry and Darjeeling. Though, R.K Beach in Vizag, AP is not included, they are one of the natural beaches in the country. AP tourism corporation have its hotels for an affordable price.

I have visited 9 out of these 10 places as I have never heard about Gokarna before. But I will find all about this place and visit as soon as possible.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I know you are globe trotter. I visited pondycherry and Darjeeling. Not the other places. We have many natural beaches and many hill resorts in and around Vizag where you can live with a shoestring budget.

I am about to come to Vizag to stay with my nephew in Ispat Nagar. I told he is a deputy manage in Vizag Steel. He was here on Dewwali day and wanted to take me with him but I thought January is the best time for a place like Vizag, I have always visited there in December or January.   

Please please Sunil. I request you to come to my home. My wife and I would be welcoming you with open hands.

The destination you suggest here is not unknown one,  all are popular one. to reduce exp. of travelling than is better to decide tourist places of one direction. If you are planning to visit Amritsar that also plan for some places of Himachal Pradesh or J&K

suni51 wrote:

I have visited 9 out of these 10 places as I have never heard about Gokarna before. But I will find all about this place and visit as soon as possible.

Gokarna is in Karnataka close to Karvar, about 100 kms from Mangalore on the coastline.There is a very famous beach called Om beach and there is a famous Shiva temple as well...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Gokarna is in Karnataka close to Karvar, about 100 kms from Mangalore on the coastline.There is a very famous beach called Om beach and there is a famous Shiva temple as well...

I missed it then because I have stayed in Karvar for one night only as I had some police problem there and I did not want to stay there for longer time so I took a boat ride for the nearest town in Goa and left. The police let me leave after making a trunk call to my home in the night (you know there was no STD service in those times)

anil wrote:

The destination you suggest here is not unknown one,  all are popular one. to reduce exp. of travelling than is better to decide tourist places of one direction. If you are planning to visit Amritsar that also plan for some places of Himachal Pradesh or J&K

Yes that definitely makes sense, cover all places of interest in that region at one go...I have not seen Rajasthan nor Himachal Pradesh, only heard , read and seen the pictures. I am waiting to visit all the places in that region since they are so scenic and beautiful .

Although I have not visited many places, among the list given in this link I have not seen four places. They are: Alleppey, Gokarna, Darjeeling And Meghalaya. Among the rest of the places in the list I enjoyed Goa, Pondicherry and Amritsar the most.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.