It has been told time and again that no matter how much you earn, unless you save part of your income and control your money, making more wont help. You will just have bigger payments .. It is also true that unless you learn to manage your money efficiently, you will keep working for others. But for most wage earners saving is not easy because of the expenses and responsibilities that need money power. However, it is better to save even a small amount regularly rather than not save at all. Having a goal and working towards it is probably the most practical  way of saving. Some useful tips are given in the article below.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/how-to-set-a-savings-goal

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Use full tips for saving. Setting gol and planning is must for all job. I also like saving. When my income was not enough at that time I save small amounts which convert in hug amount after some years. best way of saving is treat saving like your other bill, electricity, phone etc.

I agree that when you save even a small amount regularly it  does add up and once it becomes a habit you automatically do it because mentally you get tuned to do it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Great tips, it is quite true that saving money consistently is albeit difficult unless there is a clear goal. If we wish to have something dearly and set it as a goal, then the task becomes quite easy.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In a way buying n instalments makes sense although you end up paying more. Instead if the same amount is put aside you can buy the product earlier since you save on interest .

usha manohar wrote:

In a way buying n instalments makes sense although you end up paying more. Instead if the same amount is put aside you can buy the product earlier since you save on interest

It is right that first save than buy but some time it is not possible for us to wait till amount collected than noting bad buying in instalment.

Most instalments come with very high rate of interest and if one is able to pay a higher down payment , interest will be much lesser and one also has the satisfaction of owning the gadget earlier.

usha manohar wrote:

Most instalments come with very high rate of interest and if one is able to pay a higher down payment , interest will be much lesser and one also has the satisfaction of owning the gadget earlier.

All is depends of time. Some time we need some thing immediatly and so higher interest in meaning less in this situation. Personally I am against loans.

Very useful tips. I have been always saving money before making any purchases. I make sure I have set the goals and planned by purchases, it helps to save good amount of money. Some times not able to save a whole lot of money but even the smallest amount adds the good value. 

During school days I use to save money in piggy bank which I use to make out of plastic box or something like that and would set a goal that I will open this box only when I have to acheive certain goal. This habit helped me a lot. 

I for one am a firm believer in saving. I owe my gratitude to my elders, who injected the habit of saving right from my childhood. This habit enabled  be to lead a debt free life later. years. Today will not be the same as tomorrow. We don't know when the rainy season will come.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Great tips, it is quite true that saving money consistently is albeit difficult unless there is a clear goal. If we wish to have something dearly and set it as a goal, then the task becomes quite easy.

Yes Kalyani , unless we have a goal it becomes difficult to control ones urge to spend. I for one am not very good at saving and unless have a clear goal or commitment can go berserk at times. But having some long term goal really help us curb our expenditure and save. Having fixed deduction from your saving account to to a deposit account can help a great deal because you learn to manage with what is left..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.