We have some regions in India which are unique in their own way. And quite different from other States. Here are  such States from North East.

For example there is a region which is free from Dowry system.

Read on. You will be astonished to see a some more strange things about North East States.

http://fooppers.com/8-things-which-makes-north-east-india-apart-from-rest-of-the-country/

8 Things Which Makes North East India Apart from Rest of The Country

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Sorry I am not able to open the link provided from my office. But i would like to add a point here - Even in northern parts of kerala the system of dowry ( in the sense where the brides father gives cash and kind to the groom)is not there. Instead it is other way around. When the groom or the family decides the bride, they have to tell how much gold or cash they want to give to the girl. They buy the jewels for the bride and give it to her to wear for the wedding. Similarly the inheritance of the house and property is also for the ladies. So in these areas the birth of a girl child is celebrated with pomp and feasts.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

These states are definitely cleaner than rest of the country but all other states are also unique in their own right and are blessed with nature, although each in a different way.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Totally agree with kalyani here. 

And creating a discussion also... with this topic... let us see if we can get more interesting stuff :P

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Most important and attractive aspect of these States are , they are Sports loving States. Some of the best Sports persons like Mary Kom,  Somdev Dvev verma, Tennis, Jayanta Talukdar , Archery, Boxer Shiva Thapa  are from these States.

Don't forget the football player Baichung Bhutia!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Ah...  a great miss Among all I remember very well Mary Kom. Baiching Bhutia is considered as the Torch bearer of Indian Football

I remember seeing some of the best scenic photographs of North east areas much better than famous hill states.

These North east states are the nature's favorite child. Serene and lush green and lustrous landscapes. Tripura is well known for its bamboo and cane handicrafts.

8 Things Which Makes North East India Apart from Rest of The Country

North East is beautiful land of India. It is also fact that Government of India is not much serious for the development of these state since Independence.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.