Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

A well-educated person has much knowledge compare to the uneducated person but an uneducated person is also intelligent in their work, yes they have less knowledge about bookish, but They also have the knowledge society or social. So the whole way, it would be wrong to say that only the educated person is intelligent....

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

To a certain extent intelligence may be inherited however sometimes we see really dull heads being born to highly intelligent people . Here I agree with Vijay in that it needs to be nurtured. Most highly intelligent people are busy and often neglect their family and homes and this reflects in their family lives and the status of their children. 

This also brings a question to my mind, is intelligent subjective and does not automatically include common sense as well? 

Very true...I think intelligence by itself does not count for much but wisdom counts more as it is a combination of intelligence, common sense and being street smart. Just being intelligent does not help any one. Do you watch The Big Bang Theory? I think Sheldon Cooper is the perfect example of such an intelligence.

Yes unless you apply your intelligence to tactical use it remains in the upper chamber only !! I have watched a few episodes of Big bang theory Kalyani and thoroughly enjoyed and I agree about Jim Parsons characterisation of Sheldon ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is the analytical mind to catch the absolute reasoning from what it should be reading and then convert those ideas into complete precision so a to provide more and more absolute nearer to thought ideas that could deliver the promised action based on pros and cons of said situation, then only we could say that intelligent is working with its perfection.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I feel that the environment too has a lot to contribute inaking a child or a student analytical which means they use their intelligence for practical purposes rather than gaining only book knowledge. The more they are exposed to society, people and also get practical training at school with their study material , the smarter they become ..I find the youngsters of today extremely smart regardless of what background they come from. At times  some of them stump you with their knowledge and brilliance..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Intelligence helps you to analyze the situation and act accordingly. Well learned person is well informed but need not be very intelligent in pragmatic sense. Every human is born with intelligence though the degree may vary. And with Gardener's "Multiple Intelligence" theory, no two humans can be compared on the scale of intelligence. I have seen very intelligent people who have not done so well academically but are very successful. In fact I have met highly intelligent people who are illiterate. 

Well read person is a person who has seen the opportunities to read and has interest for it. Intelligence just comes in assistance. Many intelligent people have no interest in reading and so are not well read but they update themselves through other sources.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Even those people who are brilliant when it comes to their field of work , sometimes have very limited knowledge on other matters. They are unable to make intelligent conversation on anything other than their own subject matter. In essence a person becomes interesting and can be called intelligent when he has knowledge on different subjects and is able to discuss effectively .

Intelligent could be defined as the cognitive power to solve the problem solving skill. If it could be developed through the form of book reading and its practical applications in solving the cases could be there the we could see it as success.Psychologists do believe that defining intelligence is not very simple as it seems so. It is very difficult to quantify as there have been many comparable forms where the characters,personality, wit and so many other attributes quantified in different manners to generate wit. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Maybe, Maybe not. Depends on other factors too.

Sarita Kumari wrote:

Maybe, Maybe not. Depends on other factors too.

Please elaborate on these other factors and give specific response rather than being vague..

mohan manohar wrote:

Intelligent could be defined as the cognitive power to solve the problem solving skill. If it could be developed through the form of book reading and its practical applications in solving the cases could be there the we could see it as success.Psychologists do believe that defining intelligence is not very simple as it seems so. It is very difficult to quantify as there have been many comparable forms where the characters,personality, wit and so many other attributes quantified in different manners to generate wit. 

Just a thought , should that read ..

It is very difficult to quantify as there have been many comparable forms where the characters,personality, wit and so many other attributes quantified in different manners to generate intelligence ( instead of wit ?)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.