When I look around I see that most women in our cities and villages have very little say in any matter esp where finances are concerned. And  married non earning housewife's plight is even worse. They have to pamper the egos of their husbands, cook clean and generally forget all about their own aspirations and ambitions.  In case they try to assert themselves they are strongly put in their place or branded a home breaker ...When does this mindset change? I see even educated men treating their wives as personal possessions rather than as responsible beings ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I feel things are changing and improving. But still we have a long way to go. As more and more women get educated and become independent they do have a  say in family matters, even modern day men are willing to accept them as a counterpart. Not much sure about the villages. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Yes, it is sad and heartbreaking to see women being treated that way. On one hand, we see young women getting educated, having great careers but turn out to be hard hearted and egoistic on the home front, leading to increase in number of divorces. On the other, there is still a large majority of women, earning as well as non-earning, who are so submissive that they end up being treated as doormats. Can there not be a balance between the two extremes? Of course there are , but proportionately very few.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This is the Country where a woman is described as 'Shakti', the embodiment of Power. And this is the same County a woman is subjected to violence in all the spheres of life.  Of course, , Feminists are there who are fighting against Discrimination against against women. But  they are very less.

No doubt things are changing for the better but the pace is very slow because of the feudal mindset for which even women are to be blamed. .

@ rambabu I am not speaking abt violence against women but equality with regard to thought, speech and action which most Indians men deny to their wives because they have been taught that they are all important . And feminists can do precious little when it concerns a family, what is needed is a change of attitude towards women.and their needs . Husbands and our society has brainwash Ed women to such an extent that they think their husbands are patidev !!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

That is the Problem with most of the women, especially women in rural regions still think tat 'Patiye Pratuajgha Daivam', Husbands are living Gods.

rambabu wrote:

That is the Problem with most of the women, especially women in rural regions still think tat 'Patiye Pratuajgha Daivam', Husbands are living Gods.

Ever wondered why they have this problem and is it only in rural India ? from what I know it happens even with educated people whose wives have been brainwashed by their men to think that way 

Yes. educated people too in Urban regions brainwash their wives to treat them as Patidevs. But there are exceptions, I some men who are progressive minded and allow their wives to live as they like, many waives are not willing to take this liberty..

Then there is something wrong with those progressive minds , no proper communication or too much self interest . It would be a case of putting the wife on a leash of taking care of his own needs and then speak about progressive thoughts . The poor wife has little choice ..

Real and genuine  progressive minded people will definitely communicate sans Self interest..but  a pseudo progressive minded person  only show too much of self interest.

Everyone in the above comments have mentioned the social and economic conditions of women in majority. Lots of measures are being announced by government for the improvement. I just want everyone to ponder over the thought.. women are half the vote pool in the country. But still netas fearlessly make misogynistic comments. They are cautious while talking of issues like religion, reservation, caste etc.. because they fear to loose votes. So even women are not taken as serious voters.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.