Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

My post might seem a little way off the topic, but day before yesterday, we visited the Prince of Wales Museum in Mumbai (Now called Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalay). They have brought a beautiful collections of antiques and artifacts from New Delhi Museum as well as The British Museum from England. This collection contains a flint axe (excavated in Haryana) made by the Stone Age Humans made 17 lakh years ago and antiques and artifacts from later periods. The show is titled the "India and the World - A History in Nine Stories". The sheer beauty of the pottery made almost 5000 years ago is mind boggling, especially the ones that were found in Balochistan. A tiny bull (Haryana) of about 1.5 inches was carved from banded agate and decorated with tiny gold horns, textile manufactured in Gujarat was recovered from Egypt, beautiful shield belonging to Maharana Sangramsingh, a Gold and damascus shield alleged to be belonging to Akbar etc. The collection can be seen until 6th February you can see a video about it here : https://www.indiaandtheworld.org/

My point is that, when I was looking at these things, all I felt was nothing but awe and respect for the people who made these things - some people were renowned, while others will forever remain unnamed. But this is what I felt, these things that we now see are testimony of their hard work and labour that we are preserving for the posterity. So forgetting what others think, we need to do what we feel is right, and do it right.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, Arunima Singh
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

My post might seem a little way off the topic, but day before yesterday, we visited the Prince of Wales Museum in Mumbai (Now called Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalay). They have brought a beautiful collections of antiques and artifacts from New Delhi Museum as well as The British Museum from England. This collection contains a flint axe (excavated in Haryana) made by the Stone Age Humans made 17 lakh years ago and antiques and artifacts from later periods. The show is titled the "India and the World - A History in Nine Stories". The sheer beauty of the pottery made almost 5000 years ago is mind boggling, especially the ones that were found in Balochistan. A tiny bull (Haryana) of about 1.5 inches was carved from banded agate and decorated with tiny gold horns, textile manufactured in Gujarat was recovered from Egypt, beautiful shield belonging to Maharana Sangramsingh, a Gold and damascus shield alleged to be belonging to Akbar etc. The collection can be seen until 6th February you can see a video about it here : https://www.indiaandtheworld.org/

My point is that, when I was looking at these things, all I felt was nothing but awe and respect for the people who made these things - some people were renowned, while others will forever remain unnamed. But this is what I felt, these things that we now see are testimony of their hard work and labour that we are preserving for the posterity. So forgetting what others think, we need to do what we feel is right, and do it right.

Yes, we should keep on doing that which is right. Some might appreciate it or otherwise but that must not bother us.  

shampasaid

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

So apt for the discussion!! Doing what we feel is right and do it right.. without any hunger or Target for gain and recognition. That's a beautiful way to live life

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Absolutely right Kalyani , I am reminded of something I read ..It is not the honor that you take with you , but the heritage you leave behind ! You don't stumble upon your heritage , it is there waiting to be explored and shared ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

Purpose of life has changed in a manifold way. Power, money & in equality of life has sewn its way into the society. 

It is always important to think everyday whether we have done our duty correctly & completely, whether we have not hurt anybody directly or indirectly & see that we stand for truth & morality. Also it is important to see that we pray, meditate & invoke holy vibes in our daily routine to fulfill the ultimate purpose of the life to realise the eternal consciousness.

As long as these primary purposes are fulfilled then we can live in peace, strength & eternal bliss

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

No purpose, because we didn't ask to come here and to be born. but if you really want one to satisfy your curiosity then, happiness it is.

Andy Garfield wrote:

No purpose, because we didn't ask to come here and to be born. but if you really want one to satisfy your curiosity then, happiness it is.

That sounds interesting. But every religion and faith talks about birth, rebirth and karmas. Even science believes in flow of energy. So we do not know if we wished to be born. There is a faith and I believe that we choose our lives and we are born as what we have chosen.

Happiness and spreading Happiness is a worth and noble purpose.

Andy Garfield wrote:

I agree with that but that is true of everything in life...since we all die you begin to question the very purpose of existence and life . Since we have no answer to that we might as well make the most of what we have been given by our maker.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think the purpose of one's life is to find the purpose of his her birth. God has created each one of us to do something remarkable on this earth and leave a trace behind. Whatever extraordinary happens is done by these ordinary men. While there are some, who can shove aside anger, greed and envy and tread fast to find the purpose of their life and fulfill it, there are many who cannot put aside the evils, neither do they try to find the purpose. Without a destination, they come and plod towards oblivion. But most importantly God gas sent us here wit ha life to find beauty in it.

barsha wrote:

I think the purpose of one's life is to find the purpose of his her birth. God has created each one of us to do something remarkable on this earth and leave a trace behind. Whatever extraordinary happens is done by these ordinary men. While there are some, who can shove aside anger, greed and envy and tread fast to find the purpose of their life and fulfill it, there are many who cannot put aside the evils, neither do they try to find the purpose. Without a destination, they come and plod towards oblivion. But most importantly God gas sent us here wit ha life to find beauty in it.

I liked the line..."Whatever extraordinary happens is done by these ordinary men".  It gives such a powerful message. You really have to introspect and assign a purpose to your existence. You are here to make a small change and this change will help in bringing a revolution. Each life is so powerful

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.