This is something I have noticed about people , while you want to steer clear of some, there are others who really give you a warm feeling each time you come across them and add zest to your life. They may not be related to you, neither are they your close friends, but just by being there, they add that extra something to your day and life each time you come across them . I can name several such people - one is a shop keeper who runs a small store close to my house ... I see him and his wife on and off and each time I leave the shop smiling and feeling good because of the way they interact. There is also an elderly gentleman who I meet when I go for my walks , who never fails to smile and wish and there is so much warmth in his smile and whole personality that it makes a positive difference to my own mood .. There is a lady living close to my house who is the same , she is perpetually in a hurry but always slows down for a few moments to smile and exchange some pleasantries which lift my spirits ..How about you all ? am sure you have your own experiences to share..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

These are very positive people and they have a very positive aura around them. This is why when we meet them everytime, we feel cheerful. I get what you are saying and I have this old lady in my neighbourhood to whom I meet when I go for my evening walk. We rarely talk to each other but she never fails to smile and that smile makes me feel good. I hope each and every one of us can build such an intense positive aura around us.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Yes Usha, we do find there are many such people around us but sometimes we fail to notice such people while we are rushing through our own lives. There is one such gentleman who lives in my apartment building. He is 80+ however, very active and always cheerful. He is the one I mentioned in another thread, he and I being the only ones who water the plants and take care of them in our parking lot. Moreover, this uncle never misses even a single morning of RSS shakha for elders in our locality and then goes for a long walk on top of a hill in our vicinity, I find him to refreshingly different from other elders in our locality who merely pass their time watching trash soaps on the TV daily and spending rest of the time moping about their illnesses.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I totally agree with you. There are people who fill you with positive energy just by their presence. you need not be friends or related to them. In fact this reminds me of a write up that I wrote a few years back on similar thoughts. I would just love to share it it here.

http://arunimakunwar.blogspot.in/2016/03/friends-with-no-names.html

I feel these people bring solace to your life by just their presence.

We share links related to discussions. I hope I have not violated any rule by sharing my personal blog as it is on similar line of thought.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I felt like sharing this here ..in my city a well known surgeon who is now almost 80 years old has been trying to I still ceryain values and happiness in people. He lost his wife a few years ago and his two children are both settled abroad  . He visits them every year but prefers to be here ..he has formed a health club for senior citizens most of them.highly educated , who meet in the park , do some exercise,walk and go for trekking and organize other outdoor activities once or twice a month. They are all so cheerful and jovial ..there were only men earlier but I see a few ladies as well now and it is really nice to see the group having fun and enjoying life. They organise classical music concerts in the park , also have lectures organised on health issues , drug abuse etc and I see more and more people attending these events. The latest is helping out the local artisans set up a small stall outside the park to sell their produce . Apparently they all pooled in and got the required licence..it is gratifying and so satisfying to see eminent people look beyond their own comfort zone.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It is so true that one need not go too far to seek inspirations. We keep our senses open and receptive we see so many example around us in close proximity that inspire us.

One of couples in our complex in their fifties lost their only son to cancer at the age of 21. It is so heart touching to see them smiling all the times, talking fondly to all youngsters. They have started a small community library in the area and ask for donations of books. They do so many charity programs like adopting and sponsoring kids for higher studies, seva at Kidwai Cancer hospital etc. They do all these in the fond memory of their only child who departed few years back

Arunima Singh wrote:

It is so true that one need not go too far to seek inspirations. We keep our senses open and receptive we see so many example around us in close proximity that inspire us.

One of couples in our complex in their fifties lost their only son to cancer at the age of 21. It is so heart touching to see them smiling all the times, talking fondly to all youngsters. They have started a small community library in the area and ask for donations of books. They do so many charity programs like adopting and sponsoring kids for higher studies, seva at Kidwai Cancer hospital etc. They do all these in the fond memory of their only child who departed few years back

It is so touching to read about the couple. In fact, there are so many people who change themselves when faced with a tragedy and become empathetic towards others. It is indeed heartwarming to read about such people.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Only those people can add zest to our lives who are full of it. They have enough of excitement and energy towards life and that itself gets reflected to us while we come in contact with their aura.

Among the well known personalities , there are some who are able to bring in subtle yetbpisitive  changes in us through their personality and view point. Jaggi Vasudev or Sadhguru is one such person who is very insightful and is able to give a totally different perspective of life. His diacourses can really add zest and change our outlook on many issues..his take on parenting is something I totally believe in  - " raise yourself before you raise your kids ..

Reena wrote:

Only those people can add zest to our lives who are full of it. They have enough of excitement and energy towards life and that itself gets reflected to us while we come in contact with their aura.

Very true!!

You can give what you have. Those who are full of positive energy can only spread positivity. There is a saying what you give comes back to you. So those who give away positivity always attract positive energy and are thus always radiating with positive energy

Arunima Singh wrote:
Reena wrote:

Very true!!

You can give what you have. Those who are full of positive energy can only spread positivity. There is a saying what you give comes back to you. So those who give away positivity always attract positive energy and are thus always radiating with positive energy

I agree "what goes around comes around". We need to really take care of what we are radiating. This is because, in some form or the other, it will come back to us one day.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.