Month of Hindu clander SAWAN, begins from today. It is also begining of festival season after three month. It is also rain season. All is green. Cold winds are on. In Rajasthan month of swan is special month for females. Swings, Ghewar sweet and more other thing associated with sawan . Our country is country of diversity. Write here about celebration of Sawan month in your area. Sawn Ka Mahina Pawan Kare Shore, Listen and watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUNx5YQuX-Y

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Actually Savan or Shravan is the month when it rains in certain parts of our country (which might not be the case in all parts though). Yes, certain states in North and Eastern  India experience more rain during this month and have some festivals like rakshabandhan, Janmashtami, Kanwar yatra associated with Lord Shiva's marriage. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

Actually Savan or Shravan is the month when it rains in certain parts of our country (which might not be the case in all parts though). Yes, certain states in North and Eastern  India experience more rain during this month and have some festivals like rakshabandhan, Janmashtami, Kanwar yatra associated with Lord Shiva's marriage. 

Janmashthmi is not in month Savan it is in Bhado, next to sawan. Sawan month is also known for worship of God Shiv.

How can it be the beginning of Shravan today? Just two days back, it was Guru Purnima, and Shravan starts after the new moon day or Amavasya which falls on 11 August, so Shravan or Sawan will begin on 12th.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

How can it be the beginning of Shravan today? Just two days back, it was Guru Purnima, and Shravan starts after the new moon day or Amavasya which falls on 11 August, so Shravan or Sawan will begin on 12th.

In North India, the month starts from Purnima and ends on next purnima. So it started from next day of Guru Purnima and will end on sawan purnima that is celebrated as Raksha Bandhan.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

No Hindu months starts after Purnima or full moon day not after Amavasys..In Rajsthan Teez festival is main festival of Sawan month, What is your state plz tell me.

Teez is a big festival for Rajasthani ladies. Even for us, Sawan is an auspicious month for married ladies. They wear green dresses and wear green bangles during this month. One seeks blessings from Lord Shiva for a good married life and longevity of their husband.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

No Hindu months starts after Purnima or full moon day not after Amavasys..In Rajsthan Teez festival is main festival of Sawan month, What is your state plz tell me.

Maharashtra, well we follow a different concept. Right now, we have the month of Ashadh which will end on the Amavasya and then Shravan will begin in which we have different festivals beginning with Nag Panchami, a celebration to honour and worship snakes to highlight their importance and significance for agriculture.

Nagara Panchami is an important festival here in Mangalore since the majority of the people were agriculturists in the olden days. This year it falls on the 15 August..we normally go to Kudupu a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Anantha Padmanabha and Subramanya , taking milk ,flowers and coconuts and other stuff as offerings on that day.

https://www.google.co.in/search?client=ms-android-coolpad&ei=OP5fW6ivOsr3vgTR9bHQBw&q=kudupu+temple+history+in+kannada&oq=kudupu+temple&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.2.0i71l5.0.0..13593...0.0...0.0.......0.8SCSIVLGbi8#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:6281616221462599898,rc_q:Kudupu%2520Sri%2520Ananthapadmanabha%2520Temple,ru_q:Kudupu%2520Sri%2520Ananthapadmanabha%2520Temple

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Nagara Panchami is an important festival here in Mangalore since the majority of the people were agriculturists in the olden days. This year it falls on the 15 August..we normally go to Kudupu a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Anantha Padmanabha and Subramanya , taking milk ,flowers and coconuts and other stuff as offerings on that day.

https://www.google.co.in/search?client=ms-android-coolpad&ei=OP5fW6ivOsr3vgTR9bHQBw&q=kudupu+temple+history+in+kannada&oq=kudupu+temple&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.2.0i71l5.0.0..13593...0.0...0.0.......0.8SCSIVLGbi8#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:6281616221462599898,rc_q:Kudupu%2520Sri%2520Ananthapadmanabha%2520Temple,ru_q:Kudupu%2520Sri%2520Ananthapadmanabha%2520Temple

Is it only in Mangalore or whole of Karnataka? Because we celebrate in a similar way all over Maharashtra, most rural places, people used to worship live snakes but it is now banned as unscrupulous people started stitching up the snakes' mouths so most places clay statuettes of snakes are made

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Maharashtra, well we follow a different concept. Right now, we have the month of Ashadh which will end on the Amavasya and then Shravan will begin in which we have different festivals beginning with Nag Panchami, a celebration to honour and worship snakes to highlight their importance and significance for agriculture.

Yes it is differnce. Here Every new Hindu  month begin after Purnima. We also worship snakes but we will do it is Bhado Month. Here in Rajasthan one town Goga Medi is famous for fair and also for God of Snakes,  Goga ji. Here Shravan month is month of female. Here it is ritual that in first Sarvan month after marrige mother -in -law and daughter-in-law does not live together. Whole Sarvan month girls spend at parents home.  

Watch and read some more about Teez festival in India

https://www.thoughtco.com/teej-fasting-festival-for-women-1770184

https://www.thoughtco.com/teej-fasting-festival-for-women-1770184

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.