Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated on larger scale in North India. Usually there is a fun fair with lot of rides for children. There are magicians performing shows and several eatable stalls. As a child I used to visit those fairs but since I grew up all those things stopped. I still miss those things alot and wish to enjoy those even now. If you have any memories related to this festival and how you celebrated it, you can share those experiences.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We still celebrate it here in our complex with pooja and cultural programs. There are certain craft activities for kids. This year I am volunteering with my to friends to make a cradle for baby Krishna using ice cream sticks and sweet box. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: arjun sai
Arunima Singh wrote:

We still celebrate it here in our complex with pooja and cultural programs. There are certain craft activities for kids. This year I am volunteering with my to friends to make a cradle for baby Krishna using ice cream sticks and sweet box. 

We also celebrate it at house, in these worship of child krishna is fashion. My daughter brings new cloths for idol of Krishna. Temple is adjoining to my house so big celebration will there. 

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

We also celebrate it at house, in these worship of child krishna is fashion. My daughter brings new cloths for idol of Krishna. Temple is adjoining to my house so big celebration will there. 

I had a good experience doing craft of Krishna cradle with special needs underprivileged children yesterday. Today we attended one autism event where children got a free treat from Lions club in a resort with good food and lots of fun activities like horse riding, swimming, rain dance, mud pool etc. I feel that my jansJanamas went very well as I could take the kriKris in me to bring joy to others. Also the biggest gift of God is life and we have to celebrate it. Seeing those autistic children and adults and their families in the event brought that thought to me. Life need not be perfect to be celebrated.

People in our locality do celebrate Krishna Janmashtami.

Festival greetings to all the members ..

It is a major festival for us especially in Udipi where the Krishna Mutt is situated. Today is Mosaru Kudike in the evening , when the diety is taken in a procession in the temple chariot , .we also have people dress up as tigers and dance which is very unique . They go along with the chariot and it is a very interesting sight .I never miss it ..they also have competetion where youngsters break pots filled with curds tied to a very high pole .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Festival greetings to all the members ..

It is a major festival for us especially in Udipi where the Krishna Mutt is situated. Today is Mosaru Kudike in the evening , when the diety is taken in a procession in the temple chariot , .we also have people dress up as tigers and dance which is very unique . They go along with the chariot and it is a very interesting sight .I never miss it ..they also have competetion where youngsters break pots filled with curds tied to a very high pole .

Thank you and Happy Krishna Janmashtami to you as well. Just by reading it I can sense that will be a very pleasant sight to see those proceedings. We generally observe fast throughout the day and eat after midnight after offering some prasadam to Krishna which can be a home made sweet made of milk mostly.

Happy Janmashtmi to all d Members ..  

Happy Janamashtmi to all!! While most part of India celebrated it yesterday, it is being celebrated today in Delhi and Mathura region today. They have holiday in schools today.

Even in Telangana it is being celebrated today. Holiday also given today for College. It is celebrated by preparing items which Lord Krishna likes & he is decorated well. Not many celebrate in the South I believe as I do not see much of celebration or festive mood around. Only few houses give the items they prepared on the occassion.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

Even in Telangana it is being celebrated today. Holiday also given today for College. It is celebrated by preparing items which Lord Krishna likes & he is decorated well. Not many celebrate in the South I believe as I do not see much of celebration or festive mood around. Only few houses give the items they prepared on the occassion.

It is more of a silent celebration in South India. In North it is a big grand celebration.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.