Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
arjun sai wrote:
anil wrote:
arjun sai wrote:

That is why for the post of judge of a court there is very huge eligibility criteria. One has to be a lawyer for some 10-15 years only then you can apply for the post of a judge. Their reasoning power is greatly evolved by time. But as you rightly mentioned that judges are human beings too, yes there are corruption cases also. In high profile cases , there are always chances that they are offered huge bribe to give judgement in someone's favour. I have visited houses of few judge of High court and their house was more like a huge bungalow mansion with multiple expensive flashy cars parked outside their residence. I don't know whether it is their hard earned money or not.

A fresh law graduate may be judge. Experience of 10-15 year is not must but some judges are selected from professional lawyer, and it is based on experience. It is right that judges are also human being, they also have families and some time they also have some pressure. But most of judges are bias in India. Every thing have exception, judges are not free from it.

Actually I had read it online.

A person to be appointed as a judge of a high court, should be a citizen of India. Further,

He should have held a judicial office in the territory of India for ten years or

should have been an advocate of high court(s) for ten years.

Source ::https://www.gktoday.in/gk/high-courts-appointments-of-judges-terms-salary-of-judges/

It for high courts not for lower courts. High courts judge also selected form experienced advocates.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

The proceedings in the court should truly be fair and should be impartial with equal opportunities given to both parties. Based on evidence, the judgement must be passed. If the court cases are shortened by ensuring quicker investigation and hearings then the judgments could be fair and fast.

Absolutely the judgement should be based on the evidences but sometimes that doesn't happen as evidences are manipulated and wrong judgement is given due to it. And we think judgement is biased which actually is not. 

I agree and in my opinion to ensure that the evidences are not tampered, the investigation should be quick and the court proceedings must be regular without much gap in days.

It starts right from the time of admitting a case that may have no real validity. Apparently more than 50 percent if the cases are thrown out because they are bogus. So, why admit such cases and waste time , money - because you have to pay a considerable sums as court fees , and clog the judiciary system . Before a case gets admitted for trial the judge should call both the party to be present and make sure that all the documents are valid which never happens . This shows a judges weakness in not being committed or thorough. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Actually why I started this topic was because recently at a college function I attended, I heard a retired High court judge say that there are times when they do get swayed and it is not easy to give a fair judgment because if their own bias and past experiences. It takes a very steady and dedicated mind to overcome that ..

Judges after all are human beings and they too, although undesirable, have their own political or religious afflictions and might get swayed by those afflictions when judging a case. I say this because, there is a retired judge in Maharashtra B.G. Kolse-Patil who is a die-hard leftist and most evenings he is to be seen in a debate spewing severe venom against the rightists and Modi and trying to make strong case for the congress. I always wonder when I hear him spewing such venom how can such a person have been a judge when he has absolutely no sense of fairness when it comes to congress vs BJP. So also the same doubt I had when recently a trio of Supreme court judges broke all rules and took a press conference.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: anil, usha manohar
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Actually why I started this topic was because recently at a college function I attended, I heard a retired High court judge say that there are times when they do get swayed and it is not easy to give a fair judgment because if their own bias and past experiences. It takes a very steady and dedicated mind to overcome that ..

Judges after all are human beings and they too, although undesirable, have their own political or religious afflictions and might get swayed by those afflictions when judging a case. I say this because, there is a retired judge in Maharashtra B.G. Kolse-Patil who is a die-hard leftist and most evenings he is to be seen in a debate spewing severe venom against the rightists and Modi and trying to make strong case for the congress. I always wonder when I hear him spewing such venom how can such a person have been a judge when he has absolutely no sense of fairness when it comes to congress vs BJP. So also the same doubt I had when recently a trio of Supreme court judges broke all rules and took a press conference.

It is saying " Panch is Parmeshwar, mean judge is God. God never discriminated, it is belief of we Indians. But all things change with time. All judge are not like B.G. Kolse. Person like B.G. Kolse is exception. On other hand we must be remember that every person have right of his choice and interest including judges. They also vote in elections.

I am amazed that these judges who are among the most literate citizens of our country are not able to take swift and unbiased decision. Considering the amount of education they have completed and knowledge they have, we have a lot of expectations from the judges and our judiciary machinery lies on their shoulder. Why they take minimum 5-10 years to take decision even if there are all evidence available.

arjun sai wrote:

I am amazed that these judges who are among the most literate citizens of our country are not able to take swift and unbiased decision. Considering the amount of education they have completed and knowledge they have, we have a lot of expectations from the judges and our judiciary machinery lies on their shoulder. Why they take minimum 5-10 years to take decision even if there are all evidence available.

The time factor is not only because of tthem , it is a combination of many things and largely due to the legal system itself. You realize it only when you experience it. My extended family is involved in an ancestral property litigation and it is nine years since the case was filed , it is somewhere half way round. We cannot blame the judges for that. The delay comes firstly because you have an opportunity for 3 adjournment for each different procedure and this is for both sides . Taking one week per adjournment that itself is 6 weeks before you reach the next level. Added to that is the two vacations for the court and local elections, public holidays and judges transfers which happens quite frequently....all this adds to the delay.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

arjun sai wrote:

It is not right. Judges are not responsible for delay is deciding any case. It is their duty to give chance to everyone who will come to them for justice. In some case judges give judgment with in month. 

usha manohar wrote:

It starts right from the time of admitting a case that may have no real validity. Apparently more than 50 percent if the cases are thrown out because they are bogus. So, why admit such cases and waste time , money - because you have to pay a considerable sums as court fees , and clog the judiciary system . Before a case gets admitted for trial the judge should call both the party to be present and make sure that all the documents are valid which never happens . This shows a judges weakness in not being committed or thorough. 

It is not duty of judges to check documents, It is duty of investigation agencies to check the documents and evidence that ensure that the case is enough strong to admitted before courts. Many time courts issue notice to governments only on the basis of news in news papers.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.