Since, it is almost time for World Cup to start, though it is scheduled after conclusion of IPL, what do you think will be the best XI for this year World cup and total 15 members which should go to England.

Here is my 15 men probables

Rohit Sharma, Shikar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Vijay Shankar, M.S Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul, Ambati Rayudu/Siddharth Kaul.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree but I would like to see Rishabh Pant and Krunal Pandya Included in the team as well. In place of Kaul and Karthik.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I agree but I would like to see Rishabh Pant and Krunal Pandya Included in the team as well. In place of Kaul and Karthik.

I think Krunal Pandya is a wise option in place of Kaul, but Pant in place of Karthik is very risky.

Dinesh has given some consistent performances down the line leading to the world cup finishing games and presenting a clear headedness in any given situation of his presence at the crease.

Actually I felt Jadeja, Krunal and Khaleel should be there but it is a 15 men probable, so...

Jadeja is batting at a low strike rate and that kind of keeps him out of contention but his fielding adds some weight though I doubt whether that will prove crucial & offset his batting slowness.

Krunal, I think is a very good member to be included in place of Kaul as we already have 5 fast bowlers in the 15 members namely Vijay Shankar, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah & Mohammed Shami.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I feel that any game with Pakistan in it should be banned ...If films can be banned and film artistes can be banned why should Cricket be an exception ? 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I feel that any game with Pakistan in it should be banned ...If films can be banned and film artistes can be banned why should Cricket be an exception ? 

The point is that if we decide not to play against Pakistan then it just means we are giving away 2 points to Pakistan. Also if we have to clash against them in semi final or final, should we just say that you are the winner? That is what even Sachin said, that by not playing against them we are gifting them 2 points.

I think it is a wrong way to look at it. If anything, India should play and win against them.

Also it is to be noted that we cannot ban Pakistan from playing.

I feel Indian team is quite strong and has all probabilities of winning the cup.  But like in all sports,  results are decided on the battlefield and the team that plays well on that day is the winner. 

Pakistani team is not anymore a strong team as it was earlier.  They have slipped down badly. 

India should try to put pressure to ban Pakistan.  Team like South Africa have been banned in past on ground of Apartheid. I am not sure how much feasible is that. 

But if Pakistan is there,  not playing with it might make India loose some points.  Moreover the format this year is different and each team has to play with each one unlike last years where they were grouped into pools. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

I feel Indian team is quite strong and has all probabilities of winning the cup.  But like in all sports,  results are decided on the battlefield and the team that plays well on that day is the winner. 

Pakistani team is not anymore a strong team as it was earlier.  They have slipped down badly. 

India should try to put pressure to ban Pakistan.  Team like South Africa have been banned in past on ground of Apartheid. I am not sure how much feasible is that. 

But if Pakistan is there,  not playing with it might make India loose some points.  Moreover the format this year is different and each team has to play with each one unlike last years where they were grouped into pools. 

I think a case like Aparthied can be put forward, but this time it can be terrorism. However it may not be convincing enough to ICC who regard all countries have equal rights to play.

During Aparthied, ICC voted to suspend South Africa from playing because it was only fielding white players and playing only against white nations like England, Australia & New Zealand instead of playing all teams and encouraging participants of talent.

But if BCCI can convince to ICC that terrorism also is something that is connected to a Country and all of its activities should not be encouraged until any action from their govt is taken in this regard and hence Pakistan must be banned from participating. I have just read that it is not possible, in news, however a case can invariably be presented and see how it is viewed by ICC.

suni51 wrote:

I am in favor of Rishabh Pant but in favor of Krunal Padya. Kartik is talented batsman. I am also not in favor of Kaul.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
usha manohar wrote:

India is not playing with Pakistan. But bane of Pakistan  in international tournament is not easy job. If we want than we can so not to play with Pakistan in world cup but it is not in favor of team.

The way Indian team played against the Australia. I am skeptical of few people like Ambati Raydu, Rishabh Pant, etc. Also I am not sure how serious is hardik pandya that he decided not to play. And shikhar dhawan turning out to be random playing batsman with less consistency this year. 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
Mahesh wrote:

The way Indian team played against the Australia. I am skeptical of few people like Ambati Raydu, Rishabh Pant, etc. Also I am not sure how serious is hardik pandya that he decided not to play. And shikhar dhawan turning out to be random playing batsman with less consistency this year. 

Indeed, very much agree with you. Ambati Rayadu has flattered to deceive and also if we see his statistics he made good runs against poor or average teams like Srilanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe. Vijay Shankar can perform his role much better. I believe Vijay can churn centuries if he is given enough opportunities.

I strongly feel Rishab Pant should not be in the mix. He has been below par in both batting and keeping.Also, why have him when we have a good batsman & keeper in Dinesh? Dinesh has performed well in given chances showing his finishing abilities and keeps better than Rishab, who drops a catch or 2 by his default setting.

Rishab is no doubt a good talent, but he needs time and may be he can be in 2023 World cup, but this world cup, no way. It would be an immature decision if he is included. He is not stable enough for the international stage, if we see he has not come to terms with the standard that is required and batting according to situation.

His batting is a serious concern as any opposition team can plan and get his wicket easily than other batsman, that is because of the adrenaline that he has which he has not yet controlled fully which is why he plays his shots and gets out.

Shikar Dhawan is one guy I would love to get him out of, because he has having a drought of runs currently and we cannot expect batting friendly conditions in England to get his rhythm back. KL Rahul suits it best. Shikar should be opted in better batting conditions as in those situations he can provide those crucial quick starts for a good total or bring the chase alive with his quick strokes.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.