The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Now that David Warner and Steve Smith are back in the team, team Australia definitely stands a good chance in this World Cup.

Indeed, David Warner and Smith's entry will bolster the prospects of the team by a big margin. Steve, apart from his useful batting can be a useful foil in Captaincy plans, if he is eligible to play the supporting role to captain.

With the calm heads Dhoni & Rohit in the team, Virat has a good support system, however the chances of Indian team look very bleak as they do not look like playing as a team and hunting in packs which is required to win ODI games. The Batting especially is very individual dependent and not team oriented yet.

In a test match, it may augur well, but in ODI it is very important to forge meaningful and situation based partnerships which is the main thing lacking in Batting. Also the constant chop and change means, no player is settled with his role and is not confident of his abilities as much as he needs to be for an international stage of World Cup.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

I have reason to believe that WI, New Zealand and Pakistan have as good chance of reaching last four stage as India, Australia, South Africa or Pakistan and Afghanistan so let's see what's in store for us as cricket is played on daily basis these days. Beside, I am not satisfied the way Kohli is handling the team or behaving on field.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

My top four teams for the semi finals would be -

1) England

2) Australia

3) India

4) New Zealand

The reason I am picking England is simple - because of their ODI form in the recent years at home. Also, I am going with Australia because of the return of David Warner and Steve Smith. Then India because of their in form top order (Rohit, Dhawan, and Kohli). And last but not the least, going with New Zealand as they have always been a dangerous side in big tournaments. Moreover, this time they have a pretty balanced outfit as well to exploit the English conditions.

India always lacked quality all rounders. I don't see Hardik as a good all rounder yet in ODI's. He performs only when provoked by some circumstances. Jadeja is a lousy Batter. Vijay Shankar still needs some time to be analysed. If we see the likes of Australia, New Zealand and England we can find some very great all rounders.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

India always lacked quality all rounders. I don't see Hardik as a good all rounder yet in ODI's. He performs only when provoked by some circumstances. Jadeja is a lousy Batter. Vijay Shankar still needs some time to be analysed. If we see the likes of Australia, New Zealand and England we can find some very great all rounders.

Hardik performed well in the Champions Trophy in trying English conditions when he took on Pakistan single handedly in the final with the bat. He bowled decently as well in that tournament. He has matured and grown as a cricketer and is improving both with the bat and the ball everyday. However, you are right, he still has a long way to go!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

Now that David Warner and Steve Smith are back in the team, team Australia definitely stands a good chance in this World Cup.

I am agree with you Australia have better chance, but me must not be overlook WI

epraneeth77 wrote:

Hardik have not continuity in performance. Some time he proved a expensive bowler, He can not play according to situation. Vijay shankar have not enough experience but he is better.

suni51 wrote:

I have reason to believe that WI, New Zealand and Pakistan have as good chance of reaching last four stage as India, Australia, South Africa or Pakistan and Afghanistan so let's see what's in store for us as cricket is played on daily basis these days. Beside, I am not satisfied the way Kohli is handling the team or behaving on field.

Yes in IPL mathces he is too much aggressive.

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Hardik have not continuity in performance. Some time he proved a expensive bowler, He can not play according to situation. Vijay shankar have not enough experience but he is better.

I too feel the same about Hardik. Also Vijay Shankar is good in the chances he has got in both bowling and Batting. In bowling he is not very good to bowl 10 overs but he is good in the overs that he bowls.

However their fortunes have reversed this IPL. Vijay Shankar has performed badly and Hardik is performing very good.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.