The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Now we have to see how India performs in England in warm up matches. It certainly gives a picture of the players form. Also hoping that nobody gets injured.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

Now we have to see how India performs in England in warm up matches. It certainly gives a picture of the players form. Also hoping that nobody gets injured.

Yes we have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Form issues and injury scares are factors which cannot be controlled though. Best of luck to Team India !

Performance in IPL does not necessarily mean performance in ODI Cricket and that too in England, but Hardik has shown skill and temperament in some situations to consider his form to be passed onto ODI.

Hope he will play a crucial role. Also he has to play more number of balls in ODI Cricket which is necessary to make an impact and hope Hardik does it to strike his matured impact.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee, suni51

I have a feeling that the conditions this time around would be pretty batting friendly in England during the world cup. In a match played between Pakistan and England yesterday at Bristol both the teams found batting relatively easy. Pakistan scored a massive 358 and England chased it down comfortably with 31 balls to spare and 6 wickets in hand.

During the world cup I feel the ball may initially swing in the first few overs and then the wicket will get perfect for batting. If that happens it would be great for the spectators and more than 400 run totals can be expected from the teams on a regular basis.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
epraneeth77 wrote:

Performance in IPL does not necessarily mean performance in ODI Cricket and that too in England, but Hardik has shown skill and temperament in some situations to consider his form to be passed onto ODI.

Hope he will play a crucial role. Also he has to play more number of balls in ODI Cricket which is necessary to make an impact and hope Hardik does it to strike his matured impact.

Worldcup is not IPL. If a player performed well in IPL it is not necessary that he performed well in world cup. It is good for team India if Hardik show some responsibility.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

I have a feeling that the conditions this time around would be pretty batting friendly in England during the world cup. In a match played between Pakistan and England yesterday at Bristol both the teams found batting relatively easy. Pakistan scored a massive 358 and England chased it down comfortably with 31 balls to spare and 6 wickets in hand.

During the world cup I feel the ball may initially swing in the first few overs and then the wicket will get perfect for batting. If that happens it would be great for the spectators and more than 400 run totals can be expected from the teams on a regular basis.

Very true, I also saw the scorecard and commentary from Cricbuzz.

That comes as a relief to our Indian team as Rohit and Dhawan can capitalize on such tracks if they can bat sensibly in the first 15 overs.

If they can cross those overs, we can expect a Double century from Rohit in the Tournament and a swashbuckling 100+ from Dhawan.

However, the way England batted gives me a mighty scare.

They are a force to reckon with this World cup.

Hope our Wrist spin comes handy. But the England batsman look very best.

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Worldcup is not IPL. If a player performed well in IPL it is not necessary that he performed well in world cup. It is good for team India if Hardik show some responsibility.

That is what I was saying, if he can play more balls he can have more impact on the game and our winning chances.

He played quite responsibly in the T20's. Though he got out in some matches early, I was expecting him to get out early in more matches than he got out.

So it is a good sign from my perspective.

epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

That comes as a relief to our Indian team as Rohit and Dhawan can capitalize on such tracks if they can bat sensibly in the first 15 overs.

If they can cross those overs, we can expect a Double century from Rohit in the Tournament and a swashbuckling 100+ from Dhawan.

Yes England are the favorites. They have a pretty balanced team to exploit all types of conditions. I Hope they succumb to world cup pressure in key moments just like South Africa.

The way English team and other teams are performing in Pre-WC games, I am sure of one thing at least. All the teams participating have a very good chance of reaching to the top 4. I would love to watch every match and more so because I want to see how Kohli performs as a captain.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

Yes England are the favorites. They have a pretty balanced team to exploit all types of conditions. I Hope they succumb to world cup pressure in key moments just like South Africa.

England have the support of home advantage and their fans will be more. So hoping for a stutter like South Africa is a bit too much to expect, but that is what we will wish anyway.

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee, suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.