The topic is locked.

Which country has the best chances of winning the 2019 Cricket World Cup?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Right now I am busy with IPL so not concentrating on WC 2019 but it would not be easy to predict the winner right now. Any team can beat any team on a given day so do not take things for granted. Beside Kohli is not a good captain so we do not stand a good chance as well. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee

You are right. I feel Kohli's captaincy still needs a lot of improvement. Moreover, the stress and strain of playing a long tournament like IPL before going into the World Cup can be a downside for the Indian players as well.

It will come to know when all countries team list will be declared .

India has the best chances of winning the 2019 Cricket World Cup, in this  article ICC World Cup 2019: India full squad, India complete fixtures which shows how strong Indian team are  https://www.headlinesoftoday.com/sport/cricket/icc-world-cup-2019-india-full-squad-india-complete-fixtures.html

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

You are right. I feel Kohli's captaincy still needs a lot of improvement. Moreover, the stress and strain of playing a long tournament like IPL before going into the World Cup can be a downside for the Indian players as well.

Also, with the way Bangalore has played this season, Kohli's confidence may not be so much.

However, he must have made peace with the fact that the IPL standing of his team will not be in the top 4 anyway as evident from season to season.

Moreover, the Bumrah injury of shoulder and beneath the eye, Dhoni Backspasms and fever, Kohli unsuccesful captaincy is a downside.

In terms of IPL, Kohli is made the captain just because of his star power and form with Bat.

He is one good player, but the worst captain for the IPL. Season after season, he makes his team lose despite having extra ordinary players like De Villiers, Mandeep Singh, Moeen Ali, Colin De Grandhomme, Hetymer & Chahal.

If Dhoni would have been the Captain, the rankings would have been upside down of the team.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

If India has to win, Dhoni, Kohli and Rohit's resources should be used judiciously and in right amount. 

We will not have this luxury by the next time when Kohli will be 35 years, Rohit 37 and Dhoni will not be there. Surely they can't captain their side next time is what is my thought. 

This world cup is the last chance for the Dhoni Era and his disciples, Rohit and Kohli.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

If India has to win, Dhoni, Kohli and Rohit's resources should be used judiciously and in right amount. 

We will not have this luxury by the next time when Kohli will be 35 years, Rohit 37 and Dhoni will not be there. Surely they can't captain their side next time is what is my thought. 

This world cup is the last chance for the Dhoni Era and his disciples, Rohit and Kohli.

I believe Kohli will have another chance (provided he stays fit) to represent his country after 4 years at the age of 35. Not so sure about Rohit Sharma though.

In this world cup India would have to be at the top of their game to compete against teams such as England and Australia.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

I believe Kohli will have another chance (provided he stays fit) to represent his country after 4 years at the age of 35. Not so sure about Rohit Sharma though.

In this world cup India would have to be at the top of their game to compete against teams such as England and Australia.

Yes, Kohli will represent. I also agree that, but the thing is at the age of 35, I am not so optimistic about him to head a team or have a good pool of understanding players to win a world cup then.

epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

Yes, Kohli will represent. I also agree that, but the thing is at the age of 35, I am not so optimistic about him to head a team or have a good pool of understanding players to win a world cup then.

The kind of fitness Kohli has at the moment, if he maintains that, then I see no reason whatsoever why he can't do well 4 years later in the next world cup. Also, the kind of fitness addict that he is, I am sure he will keep his body in good shape. Chopping and changing captains unnecessarily does no good to the team. Unless Kohli leads the team poorly or his own form goes to a slump, he should continue to lead India. Dhoni will retire soon. Therefore, I see no other senior players in the present team to replace Kohli as a captain for the next world cup.

There's no dearth of talent in India. With young talents such as Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer, Khaleel Ahmed, and many others coming up every now and then, India will always have a good chance in every world cup.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

The kind of fitness Kohli has at the moment, if he maintains that, then I see no reason whatsoever why he can't do well 4 years later in the next world cup. Also, the kind of fitness addict that he is, I am sure he will keep his body in good shape. Chopping and changing captains unnecessarily does no good to the team. Unless Kohli leads the team poorly or his own form goes to a slump, he should continue to lead India. Dhoni will retire soon. Therefore, I see no other senior players in the present team to replace Kohli as a captain for the next world cup.

There's no dearth of talent in India. With young talents such as Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer, Khaleel Ahmed, and many others coming up every now and then, India will always have a good chance in every world cup.

True, Kohli will lead, but I hope that he is not constantly chopping and changing and has a pool or reliable players who also know that they will be in the team and he will back them up.

His captaincy in Tests is good, but he has a long way to go in ODI's and T20's. Kohli's constant chopping and changing the team will affect team morale and players form, skill can slump as their confidence will be dented.

If he goes with his captaincy in the same way, I believe he should be taken away from Captaincy. There is no dearth of Young talent with Shivam Mavi, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Varun Aaron, Khaleel Ahmed, Vijay Shankar, etc. But if they are not managed properly, their talent will be wasted. Hope that will not happen.

Shreyas Iyer has been a good captain as evident from this IPL. Prithwi Shaw is also a good captain who led to U-19 world cup victory.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.