The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

That was not in finals, even here I think if there was a tie in group stage, points would have been shared, though I am not completely sure.

As per the rules of this edition of the world cup (as far as I know), there would have been a super over in place if there was a tie in the league stages as well.

I think that is a very nice decision taken by the ICC. In the 2011 world cup we witnessed a humdinger in which India and England were tied.

This decision of super over brings even more excitement and a result to the match more importantly.

I think the ICC should also look out for better result oriented match in finals in case of a tie.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:
anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

That was not in finals, even here I think if there was a tie in group stage, points would have been shared, though I am not completely sure.

Most of cricket lovers don't agree with this decision. It would be better if both shared trophy.

True, either both of them should have shared the trophy or another super over should have been contested.

Alternatively, I thought of bowl out option.

New Zealanders would have felt hard done by the result.

Yes bowl out option empires must be tried it. For this I am saying that empire choose option which was in favor of England.

john jack wrote:

Trashed

Please don't try to spam this forum, thanks.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Now world cup 2019 is history. Team will play in WI is August. 3 players from Rajasthan selected this time. Khlil Ahmed, Deepak Char and Rahul Char.

I think it is very good that Indian team management is looking into the future and grooming youngsters. More importantly the selection happened on the basis of merit of performance in Domestic circuit.

Manish Pandey, Rishab Pant, Saini, Khaleel, Shreyas, Ashwin, Jadeja are good to be included as they are young and energitic.

Only thing that remains to be seen is that Indian captain Kohli's learning, he has learnt the art of batting much faster in terms of adaptability to the international stage, the same is not the case with Captaincy, i.e in terms of winning a tournament. He has won it for U-19 for his team, but still I think he doesn't have in him to make a team win.

However, the positive change i noticed in this world cup about him is that he played for the team, playing some subtle, important and anchoring knocks so that the team benefits.

But in terms of captaincy of resolving issues, he hasn't been a front runner. Constant chopping and changing in the lead up to the tournament only meant an unsettled middle order as was the case in the 2015 world cup.

Hope Kohli learns this faster or hand over the mantle to an able Rohit. Kohli still has that ego in him, which is what i feel. In batting he has the skill and perseverance apart from hard work to prove his ego, but in captaincy he has more ego than his capacity, atleast in the competition which includes a mature Rohit.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I am so late, I didn't know there was this thread. Anyway, I really thought India will make it to the Finals, heck I thought they'll win! Sadly the world cup is over and they did not.

I write cricket news

So at this point I lock this thread!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.