Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

DC prevails over SRH in a thrilling encounter yesterday! It was the eliminator, and boy what a match! How things have shaped up, it would be an interesting contest between CSK and DC now. Therefore, expecting another thriller tomorrow. What's even more interesting is that it would be a clash between a team full of experienced, senior players against a team filled with young raw talent. Nothing can get better than this!

Hyderabad team has played really well as a unit, hence it has come this far. Despite losing key players, other players stepped up. However the bowlers disappointed this season which has been their fortress in the previous seasons.

Many encounters Hyderabad ended up on the wrong side in close matches due to bowling.

I am expecting CSK to win. Hope it will be a thriller to watch out.

Dropping Shaw early in the innings did not help, Kane's decision to bowl Thampi instead of Khaleel in the 18th over was the turning point. Also Saha not removing his glove to score a direct hit in the last over proved costly as he could have Paul if he had hit the strikers stumps who scored the winning runs yet again.

This is the second or third time I think that Saha in a close encounter did not remove his glove. Kane missed a few things like that. He could have asked Saha to remove his one of his glove to score a direct hit.

However I really liked how Kane spoke in the presentation ceremony, very sportive, calm and well captained.

That's an excellent point you have made on Saha's wicket-keeping skills! He needs to rectify it. Also, I agree with you that SRH bowlers did not bowl to their potential throughout this IPL. Most importantly, Bhuvi's form remains as a concern leading up to the world cup. By his own standards, he was not accurate and economical in this tournament.

Indeed, Bhuvi's form is a concern, but I hope that if there are swinging conditions in England he should be favoured.

Also I feel that Khaleel should make the cut in the XI instead of Bhuvi. But experience matters and it is a call of the Captain.

Bhuvi was dropped in rotational policy during ODI's in the lead up to the world cup. So when he played after some rest he took about 2 matches to find his form.

ODI & T-20 are different format & I hope Bhuvi finds his form early in the tournament and that Bhuvi should be given the first few games to find his form, if he still does not find his form then Khaleel should be brought in. Bhuvi is also useful with Bat which is an important contribution in the present set up where Batting is less in form. Bhuvi can forge partnerships with Dhoni or Jadhav in case of a collapse.

After the India World Cup squad was declared, the names of the stand by players were also announced. The 3 stand by players are Rishabh Pant, Ambati Rayudu and Navdeep Saini. So, in case of any forced replacement in the fast bowling department, Navdeep Saini would be called up to fill in the gap. Clearly, Khaleel Ahmed has been ignored. Also, Khaleel has only himself to blame. He got his opportunities in some of the games but went for plenty of runs, and as a result, failed to impress the selectors and the captain to make into the final cut.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

DC prevails over SRH in a thrilling encounter yesterday! It was the eliminator, and boy what a match! How things have shaped up, it would be an interesting contest between CSK and DC now. Therefore, expecting another thriller tomorrow. What's even more interesting is that it would be a clash between a team full of experienced, senior players against a team filled with young raw talent. Nothing can get better than this!

Hyderabad team has played really well as a unit, hence it has come this far. Despite losing key players, other players stepped up. However the bowlers disappointed this season which has been their fortress in the previous seasons.

Many encounters Hyderabad ended up on the wrong side in close matches due to bowling.

Dropping Shaw early in the innings did not help, Kane's decision to bowl Thampi instead of Khaleel in the 18th over was the turning point. Also Saha not removing his glove to score a direct hit in the last over proved costly as he could have Paul if he had hit the strikers stumps who scored the winning runs yet again.

This is the second or third time I think that Saha in a close encounter did not remove his glove. Kane missed a few things like that. He could have asked Saha to remove his one of his glove to score a direct hit.

However I really liked how Kane spoke in the presentation ceremony, very sportive, calm and well captained.

That's an excellent point you have made on Saha's wicket-keeping skills! He needs to rectify it. Also, I agree with you that SRH bowlers did not bowl to their potential throughout this IPL. Most importantly, Bhuvi's form remains as a concern leading up to the world cup. By his own standards, he was not accurate and economical in this tournament.

Indeed, Bhuvi's form is a concern, but I hope that if there are swinging conditions in England he should be favoured.

Also I feel that Khaleel should make the cut in the XI instead of Bhuvi. But experience matters and it is a call of the Captain.

Bhuvi was dropped in rotational policy during ODI's in the lead up to the world cup. So when he played after some rest he took about 2 matches to find his form.

ODI & T-20 are different format & I hope Bhuvi finds his form early in the tournament and that Bhuvi should be given the first few games to find his form, if he still does not find his form then Khaleel should be brought in. Bhuvi is also useful with Bat which is an important contribution in the present set up where Batting is less in form. Bhuvi can forge partnerships with Dhoni or Jadhav in case of a collapse.

After the India World Cup squad was declared, the names of the stand by players were also announced. The 3 stand by players are Rishabh Pant, Ambati Rayudu and Navdeep Saini. So, in case of any forced replacement in the fast bowling department, Navdeep Saini would be called up to fill in the gap. Clearly, Khaleel Ahmed has been ignored. Also, Khaleel has only himself to blame. He got his opportunities in some of the games but went for plenty of runs, and as a result, failed to impress the selectors and the captain to make into the final cut.

Hope bhuvi comes out of his lean patch as he is the one who should bowl in the beginning and ending overs of the match.

Though Shami too can in case of Bhuvi absence, if Bhuvi finds his swing rythm it will be good for team India to pick wickets at the beginning which is what he is known for.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Saurav Banerjee
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

Hope bhuvi comes out of his lean patch as he is the one who should bowl in the beginning and ending overs of the match.

Though Shami too can in case of Bhuvi absence, if Bhuvi finds his swing rythm it will be good for team India to pick wickets at the beginning which is what he is known for.

I agree with you. Also, I feel Shami in the last 1 year or so has improved a lot. Most importantly, Shami has improved his death bowling skill. He is now darting fast, accurate yorkers on a regular basis.

Very true. Shami has become very good, he also looks to be the partnership breaker kind like Zaheer Khan. I am very much impressed with Shami's bowling.

He is the Zaheer Khan of 2011 World cup for me.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

You are very right epraneeth77. Dhoni's nagging back problem remains as a serious concern. However, at this moment, he is down with a viral fever as well along with Jadeja. Hope both of them recovers soon.

Why don't you write Articles on Cricket. Your conversation on Cricket topic is very good. I am very much interested to see any Article from you on Cricket.

epraneeth77 wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:

You proved very right with your prediction that CSK will win their encounter against DC. As I have mentioned earlier, it was a contest between the team packed with senior players versus the team filled with young players. Now, it comes down to that all important thing - the very question of this thread "Is Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings set to win the IPL 2019 as well?"

M.S Dhoni's CSK has won 1 off 3 encounters against MI in IPL finals whereas Rohit Sharma's MI has won 2 out of 3.

If CSK win they will be on equal terms with MI with 2-2 wins for each team.

I think Dhoni & Hardik Pandya roles will be crucial in this match.

If CSK win the toss, CSK will win, else Mumbai will win I am thinking.

I think Dhoni has been really lucky this season with the toss, winning 9 out of 11, i think now it is more, but that is the stat I saw in league stage.

So the day has arrived! As I am writing this, within a few hours time the final of IPL 2019 between MI and CSK would be played. My heart is with CSK. However, my brain tells me that it's going to be MI in this edition of IPL. May the best team win!

Saurav Banerjee wrote:

So the day has arrived! As I am writing this, within a few hours time the final of IPL 2019 between MI and CSK would be played. My heart is with CSK. However, my brain tells me that it's going to be MI in this edition of IPL. May the best team win!

Your Brain won over your heart, though your heart really came really close to the Brain!!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.