Recently our government has released ‘All India Tiger Estimation Result’ 2019 with the census of tigers till 2018. According to the survey India has the largest number of Tigers in the world with the number reaching almost to 3000. 

Second country is Russia with tiger number only at 433, followed by Indonesia with 371. Though we proudly present the tiger count we still cannot ignore that fact that tigers are being forced to enter human habitant areas because their own land is shrinking. This leading to human - tiger conflict resulting in loss of either of the two’s life. 

Policies and infrastructure should me made in such a way that their wild habitat is not disturbed. This further in it’s own way can increase the number of these beautiful creation. 

With the right way to implement policies we can further avoid tragic loss of tiger lives in road mishaps, human - tiger encounters or even due to other accidents. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

So what do you suggest us to in this matter?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Not only saving the wildlife but many similar concerns are there due to our unplanned growth in terms of population and development. Sustainable development is the need of the hour. I saw one TED talk by PM of Bhutan where he had talked about a law in his country where under no situation of their development they can shrink their forest land. 60% of their land is still full of forest and they can not touch it. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Sir, many things can be done even by the normal citizens.

Firstly, increasing the forest cover by planting trees so that the wild habitat does not die. Secondly, avoiding to interfere in the environment that is not ours  This includes avoiding illegal poaching and hunting, cutting down trees, construction of flyovers over the areas or even creation of bypass routes  

Rural people have to educated to deal with sudden encounters with the wild. Looking at today’s scenario when usually this encounter results in the death of the animal  

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh

The law binding factor is great looking at the place where our planet stands today.

Initiatives are been taken by our government agencies, NGOs, social activists to increase the green cover.

I read somewhere that students are planting trees at the time of their university admissions and are also responsible for the growth and maintenance of the plant/tree in maharashta. It’s now a clause in various universities and colleges in our country.  

It is indeed very encouraging to see that the population of tigers is increasing in India. But compared to that, there is not much effort to conserve and preserve their natural habitat which is the forests thus resulting in severe conflicts between humans and animals. This can only be prevented by large scale afforestation. Currently Maharashtra government has resolved to plant 33 million trees and efforts have already started but it is seen that people enthusiastically plant trees but do not bother much about nurturing and growing them later. This has to change.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

I think, we the common citizen at most help plant and also protect the existing trees but the way the population of India is growing and need for more houses is growing we can see mass cutting of trees for the purpose. Also the trees are getting cut in a big number for new highways and factories.

The governments are planting new saplings in millions and creating records after records but doing very little to protect them so almost 90% of them die withing days. 

Our role probably begins here and help them save but how many of us think about doing so. Luckily we have planted a number of plants and take good care of them but unless we become more active and plant more or at least help save them we have no survival. Merely planting the saplings and create a record is not going to help the cause of coming generations.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

i agree to everything said. 

Educating people about planting more and taking good care of the saplings and also avoiding cutting trees should be implemented on a large scale. Not only government but each and every citizen should have the mindset to conserve our planet. Or else the government’s  initiatives would just go in vain. 

Same should be done for the animals. A large fauna is present in our country which is found no where else in the world. We should proudly stand and protect them and do everything we need to keep them safe. 

Such education and values should be given to children at a very early age and also should encourage their participation. 

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

First of all they should be kept away from selfish human beings who kill them for no reason or out of perceived fear and cage them for pleasure after having occupied and driven them out of their natural habitat...I have seen parents clapping and giggling when their children throw stones or tease caged animals. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.