The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It shows the kind of diversity we have within one religion depending on the region, although the basic concept remains the same. Hinduism spread to countries like Indonesia, Thailand , Malaysia and Cambodia because of the efforts made by the rulers who from all accounts were actively involved in trade and cultural interaction with these countries. Wit no media and internet , it must have been quite a task . 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Dasarah ended here in Mangalore with the traditional procession with the idol of goddess being taken round the city on a chariot surrounded by traditional folk dancers, tiger dancers etc ..it is something that we all wait for although it takes almost all night to end.. 

https://www.expresseddigitally.com/mangalore-dasara-you-dont-want-to-miss/

I have attended this festival in Mysore celebrated in a royal style. It was long ago when I happened to be in this city and was astounded to see the royal procession on elephants and various other great views. I made it a point to be in this city every time it was possible on Vijya Dashmi. 

The Mysore Dasarah is really huge , I too attended it a long time back and loved the various cultural activities that are organized as part of the festivities. Compared to that Mangalore one is on a miniscule level but it brings together people of all communities.

In north it's an ongoing procession that goes on for ten days and ends on this day with burning effigies of Ravana, Meghnath and Kumbhkarna. Then we have couple of more festivals until Deepavali.

In north festival season begins with Navratra and and it end with Bhaiya Duge, after 2 day of Deepavali. In some state of North Guru Nanak Jayanti is also important festival. This year Sikhs are celebrating 550 birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Here in my city celebration of it started before one month of birth anniversary.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.