They had one borewell mishap 11 years ago where a child died after falling into an open bore well . Soon after that the government officials have taken very strict measures to ensure that no such tragic incidents take place in their state and it is working ...So it goes to prove that with commitment any state government can avert such tragedies , but one wonders how many states are doing it ?

http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/why-borewells-no-longer-turn-into-graves-in-tamil-nadu-244359

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is not only government but also citizens' responsibility to avoid such mishaps. Such tragedy happens to small children. How can their parents avoid their own responsibility. They let the children move about such dangerous places.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I am really appreciating the government to take such wonderful steps for ensuring the safety of innocent kids.

I have also thought so, several times.....
To dig a well, we need to get sanction from panchayat. Isn't it? So, panchayat is aware that a well is to be dug. If so, after its completion, owner should intimate the panchayat and some person can inspect if it's covered or not. Otherwise, his papers can be cancelled. If panchayats can make such laws strict, no Mahi will meet this fate.

I am happy to say, I have never noticed such an incident in our state. I think, such bore wells are not here, as water is not a serious problem .

Meera sandhu
It is not only government but also citizens' responsibility to avoid such mishaps. Such tragedy happens to small children. How can their parents avoid their own responsibility. They let the children move about such dangerous places.

Sir,
I think, in rare cases, even parents are not aware of such bore wells. Am I right? :unsure: :unsure:

Such a case is clearly shown in 1990 Malayalam film malootty, where the family are new people to that place....staying for rent

Meera sandhu

Sir,
I think, in rare cases, even parents are not aware of such bore wells. Am I right? :unsure: :unsure:

Such a case is clearly shown in 1990 Malayalam film malootty, where the family are new people to that place....staying for rent

Leaving small children to move to unknown places by itself is gross negligence. Safety of children is primary responsibility of parents.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sir,

Leaving small children to move to unknown places by itself is gross negligence. Safety of children is primary responsibility of parents.

I totally agree with that ! Blaming the government for everything is not a solution, we as citizens do have some duties and responsibilities as well ! I see many women gather together and gossip while their children are wandering around often coming to the busy road or even getting lost !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sir,

Yes Sir, you are right.
I think below 1% only such incidents occur. For 99% incidents, parents are equally responsible

Meera sandhu
I wish same effective measure should follow in all states there fore, no such deads will occur. I feel so depressed when a small kid fallen in the bore and left the breath. When listen such news that some kid fallen in the borewell then i feel so tense and i keep on watching the news for latest updates and pray to god to save that kid.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

The incident of Mahi really hurt me a lot

Meera sandhu
Not only Mahi, there are many kids who were fallen in the bore well pit and left the world.Till i know, only one boy was saved in our AP.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

The sad part is that one never hears of arrests or any action taken on people who are directly responsible for digging the borewells and leaving them unprotected.First of all one needs to get a licence to do so, and it should be made compulsory to cover section of the road or space where it is done .
When the contractor is getting the job done it becomes his responsibility to put net or at least some zinc sheets around the hole .
When it is easy to question these people why is it never done? The problem with our country is the easy going attitude which is annoying,unless one of the politicians children or a relative falls in no action will be taken.
Thats why one should appreciate Tamil nadu for doing the needful and following regulations strictly..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.