When you actually think about it, no system is perfect and power can corrupt anyone including the judiciary. I was reading a write up on the times of India where the writer made some very valid points on the judiciary needing reforms and a higher degree of supervision !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/opinion/edit-page/Courts-also-need-a-Lokpal-Without-judicial-reform-one-of-the-pillars-of-our-democracy-will-continue-to-crumble/articleshow/20073405.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
When you actually think about it, no system is perfect and power can corrupt anyone including the judiciary. I was reading a write up on the times of India where the writer made some very valid points on the judiciary needing reforms and a higher degree of supervision !

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/opinion/edit-page/Courts-also-need-a-Lokpal-Without-judicial-reform-one-of-the-pillars-of-our-democracy-will-continue-to-crumble/articleshow/20073405.cms

Persons who is working in judiciary are also human beings. They are not angels. They have families and need like others. But it is our good luck that Indian judiciary is doing Nobel job. Order to free CBI is latest example of it.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Persons who is working in judiciary are also human beings. They are not angels. They have families and need like others. But it is our good luck that Indian judiciary is doing Nobel job. Order to free CBI is latest example of it.

Of course not all are the same, even among politicians we do see some good ones but it is a rare thing. Judiciary is also being criticised by many as being as corrupt, but who and where do we turn to ? So, it is in the interest of the nation to make it as clean as possible !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is need to trim bureaucracy and judiciary instead of appointing Loka Pals, super lok pals and chief lok pal everywhere. This will simply increase cost of administration with no possibility of change for the better.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There is need to trim bureaucracy and judiciary instead of appointing Loka Pals, super lok pals and chief lok pal everywhere. This will simply increase cost of administration with no possibility of change for the better.

I guess you have a point there ! The most important thing is for people to know their responsibilities no matter what walk of life they come from and do what they are supposed to do....Monitoring has its limitations !

I guess you have a point there ! The most important thing is for people to know their responsibilities no matter what walk of life they come from and do what they are supposed to do....Monitoring has its limitations !

There are ways to bring about more efficiency and reduce corruption with existing staff. For example, more frequent rotation of staff between different tasks; splitting or processes between different sections/ employees. I also suggest that even a minister should not hold a portfolio for full five years. There should be change in their portfolio every year. More frequent transfers may also help.

There are ways to bring about more efficiency and reduce corruption with existing staff. For example, more frequent rotation of staff between different tasks; splitting or processes between different sections/ employees. I also suggest that even a minister should not hold a portfolio for full five years. There should be change in their portfolio every year. More frequent transfers may also help.

FRom what I hear and know about my own state transfer is a way of making money for higher ups like the mnisters ...And transfer of ministers is very lucrative for the Chief minister and his or her cronies since large amount of money gets exchanged for posts in certain departments and places ...

FRom what I hear and know about my own state transfer is a way of making money for higher ups like the mnisters ...And transfer of ministers is very lucrative for the Chief minister and his or her cronies since large amount of money gets exchanged for posts in certain departments and places ...

Yes. The more lucrative appointments and postings are salable. In almost every department, postings to 'sensitive' appointments are for a price. It goes without saying that those given such posting hope illegal income and pay a price for that.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.