Here's a video in which a 24 yr old girl, wearing a skirt and top, is shown walking in densely populated areas of Mumbai to capture the reaction of men. After roaming for about 10hrs..it was concluded that Mumbai is still a safer city for women. Great isn't it. But I am not sure why safety becomes a concern only when a woman is skimpily clothed, not all women dress like this, leave women , even small girls are abused even when they dress appropriately.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/and-more/video-how-mumbaikars-react-when-mini-skirt-clad-woman-walks-on-city-streets-alone_1497308.html

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is not the dress aone that matters. The semi nude woman may attract intention of passers by but she has no risk in croded place. But even a fully clothed woman is at risk in lonely street, at odd hours and when noticed by lusty and criminal elements. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, I agree with Gulshan Kumar Sir.  It is very dangerous to walk or go alone.  In every city, there are the dirty and lustful guys always ready to create trouble.  One should be doubly careful.

Dress plays an important role in women life. We cannot give assurance to women who is wearing a skirt and top. The video is taken on the day time we should see the result in night also. As per the video if you concern Mumbai is a safe place to live for women then why there are so many incidents and abuse are happening in the city. Every city is a good city to live but the people who are in a mood of thinking women and making abuse will cause the damage to the city.

Dress is not the matter of concern here. She has been walking through crowded streets all the day. The time and situations are not suitable for bad guys. Hence the assessment about the safety of the city cannot be concluded.  I think the team has intentionally avoided lonely streets, because in that case the secret video shooting would have been impossible.

All the views are well taken.  However, the fact remains that Mumbai is a truly westernized city.  The people out there are very modern, and do not have the time to bother about others.  I have seen this in person, as I have lived in Mumbai for around two years. 

I dare say that the men are very good, and dress is least important in Mumbai.  Women of various ages do wear all sorts of clothes, but the city is very safe.

Some incidents have happened, but Bangalore, for example, is worse. 

What about New Delhi, which is the worst place for women?

So, I will always say that Mumbai is the best place for the safety of the woman.

Every place is a safe place until proven otherwise. Until yesterday, B'lure was supposed to be the safest city. But about the recent happenings there I need not tell you here. A video shot under certainconditions doesn't speak of anything.

Every place is a safe place until proven otherwise. Until yesterday, B'lure was supposed to be the safest city. But about the recent happenings there I need not tell you here. A video shot under certainconditions doesn't speak of anything.

Very true ,B'lore was safe at least we all were under this impression, but we were proved wrong. We can't say for sure now if any city is absolutely safe for girls and women.

Very true ,B'lore was safe at least we all were under this impression, but we were proved wrong. We can't say for sure now if any city is absolutely safe for girls and women.

Changing attitudes, life style and exposure to the global scenario are responsible in tilting the balance. Yeesterday's safe haven changes in to a Devil's Den,

No city was ever safe. It is only now that with electronic media coverage and English medium medias also covering rape stories that suddenly cities look unsafe. Earlier on the educated class was conveniently able to ignore but cannot do so now. 

No city was ever safe. It is only now that with electronic media coverage and English medium medias also covering rape stories that suddenly cities look unsafe. Earlier on the educated class was conveniently able to ignore but cannot do so now. 

I agree to this as previously also crime against women was rampant but it is now that women are no longer keeping mum about it. They are coming to the fore to complain, which is a good thing. Only awareness among commoners can help fight criminals in our society.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.