Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

True. On  Akshaya tritiya day, one can witness serpentine queues all over AP state also. The fascination for this yellow metal is there in India since time immemorial. Earlier i read even the males are also fascinated by this metal

True...even men are totally obsessed with hoarding gold and also showing it off in public. It is more so with the most moronic tribe in Maharashtra, that is, the politicians. The amount of gold they exhibit would put even a Kerala bride to shame!  wink2.png

404643_2_index.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Even our God men are obsessed with Gold. Sathya Saibaba possessed tons of Gold in his Ashram. He had a throne made of 100 percent Gold.

Indians love Gold. Even when the gold prices are high, they won't stop buying. If there is marriage going to take place, people have to give good amount of gold. It is not necessary, but see if bride's parents don't give, there could be circumstances that Bride might not be happy.

I don't believe in giving gold and all. I am saying this because its observed in our culture. I condemned giving or taking dowry. But, you know the community doesn't understand this.

Want to make each day Accountable

Yes Indians are obsessed with the gold. There is another aspect. If gold is not used in marriages people think it's a damage their prestige.

Government has tried to impose duty on gold import so that if the prices of gold increase, people will reduce their buying habits of gold and as a consequence government have to import less gold.

Want to make each day Accountable

Ronark Bhardwaj wrote:

Government has tried to impose duty on gold import so that if the prices of gold increase, people will reduce their buying habits of gold and as a consequence government have to import less gold.

If the government restricts the import of gold, there is a likely hood of decrease in gold demand. But, it has to be seen whether it works. But I have my own doubts.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.