The Vivekananda flyover which has been under construction since more than 7 years collapsed killing 14 people and injuring many more seriously. As is expected blame game has begun between various political parties with Mamata Banerjee blaming the previous government an so on...However, it is always the common people who suffer the most when such tragedies occur, also could have been easily averted with some care by the authorities concerned

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/kolkata-under-construction-bridge-collapses-several-feared-dead-latest-updates/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I saw the news just some time back, it is indeed to sad and tragic that it is the common people who have to die for the blame game and greedy designs of the politicians every where. Does it even take so long to build anything? how such projects get dragged on and on for so many years, in the end they do not even guarantee safety and security or even utility for the people for whom such projects are undertaken. Rather like a contraption designed to kill commoners rage.png

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Its very heart threatening to see such a disaster made by some corrupt officials

bhuyali saroj

I remember I was posted at Calcutta Advanced HQ, Eastern Air Command. I had observed then the  complete apathy of the government and the Marxist cadre to do any worthwhile work. the people also tolerted this. That is the reson that the flyover was under construction for 7 years. This itself needs a probe. The fact is why should a flyover go on for 7 years.  I doubt anything will come out of any probe and after a few weeks it will be back to business as usual. Life in india is cheap. Who will bring in the concept of hard work?

Presently, it says 18 people are dead and suspecting that the number will further increase. Now, army is in action but see the politicians, they are busy in blame game. After I learnt about this sad news my first reaction was to contact my family members and know their whereabouts.  

shampasaid

The most insensitive comment came from the builders side where they called it an act of God. In fact IVCRL of Hyderabad which is the construction company that had been given the contract has many top officials under the scanner...Honestly,  the nexus between the politicians and the builders is dangerous to the entire society..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The most insensitive comment came from the builders side where they called it an act of God. In fact IVCRL of Hyderabad which is the construction company that had been given the contract has many top officials under the scanner...Honestly,  the nexus between the politicians and the builders is dangerous to the entire society..

Yes it is easy to blame God, because he never come to give clarification. Nexus among , politicians, builders and burocrates is not new thing. It is all game of commission.

It makes no sense to blame God for builder's fault. A bridge must be strong enough to work for about fifty years at least.  There is no doubt that either negligence or corruption or both  have caused the tragedy. I agree with Mamata Banerjee that previous govt. is responsible for the mishap. The bridge would have been constructed during previous govt's tenure. It is necessary to probe and take harsh measures and ensure that such mishaps don't recur. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

It makes no sense to blame God for builder's fault. A bridge must be strong enough to work for about fifty years at least.  There is no doubt that either negligence or corruption or both  have caused the tragedy. I agree with Mamata Banerjee that previous govt. is responsible for the mishap. The bridge would have been constructed during previous govt's tenure. It is necessary to probe and take harsh measures and ensure that such mishaps don't recur. 

What was Mamata Banerjee doing for the last five years? She blames the previous government and they accuse her which is quite natural. They are all responsible.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

What is Mamata Banerjee doing for the last five years? She blames the previous government and they accuse her which is quite natural. They are all responsible.

Mamata Banerjee may be responsible or even guilty of many things but the current disaster is clearly attributable to previous govt, during whose rule the bridge was constructed. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The contract for flyover was given by Left government and it was still under construction. Mamata can be blamed because now they are saying the firm was not proper then why action was not taken by her. Crying and blaming now has no meaning.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.