Switzerland is probably the most democratic and perfect nations in the world today. the major concern that people and the leaders have is to make their country safe and peaceful. Crime rate in Switzerland is very low because of the strict measures they take , totally disregarding any other factor except what benefits the country and its citizens the most , they also have a large number of naturalised muslim immigrants who have been living there for generations ... I wish other countries, especially our own followed suit rather than appeasing some and condemning others for their own selfish interest !

Muslim school students in the Swiss canton of Basel cannot refuse to shake hands with their female teachers on religious grounds, otherwise their parents will face fines, local authorities have ruled.

According to the department, if students refuse to shake hands, it means that they involve others “in a religious act.”

“The social gesture of a handshake is important for the employability of the students later in their professional lives,” it said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/25/switzerland-ruling-overturns-muslim-pupils-handshake-exemption-religion

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Really commendable and worth learning a few lessons from the Swiss! I would really like to live in such a beautiful country if given a chance!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

"Sarve Jana Sukhino Bhanthu". Let all the people live in happiness was mentioned in Upanishads. The Swiss Government follows it in letter and spirit. Switzerland features a system of Government not seen in any other Nation.  Its  aim and objective is  offering welfare and security to its subjects. This is what Modi Government emphasized in Saharanpur, UP, while speaking in a rally to mark completion of two years of his Government. I wish him all success in making this country an ideal and exemplary democracy.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Really commendable and worth learning a few lessons from the Swiss! I would really like to live in such a beautiful country if given a chance!

Switzerland is definitely a little piece of heaven on earth and it cannot get better than that . But weather except during the shoot summer can be a dampener to those who have glorious sunshine all through  the year , other than that , they really look after their citizens well!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Switzerland is definitely a little piece of heaven on earth and it cannot get better than that . But weather except during the shoot summer can be a dampener to those who have glorious sunshine all through  the year , other than that , they really look after their citizens well!

Weather can be tolerated if a person can find peace of mind, beautiful nature and the respect a human being is due from others. I think your daughter has settled in Switzerland, isn't it?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Switzrland is a beautiful country with population around 7 million, less than Mumbai. They have access to huge illegal funds from world over at zero interest which has financed the industrial growth profitably. Swiss are enterprising and innovative. The country as clean as a five star hospital. Eficiency levels are very high. It may take typical Indian lot of time to adjust. Indian nurses are in great demand and their husband's find dificulty in getting jobs and many of them develop drinking habits. Unless one is highly qualified integration in their society is difficult. Loneliness sets in. However for sometime it is a wonderful country and some may like it also.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Weather can be tolerated if a person can find peace of mind, beautiful nature and the respect a human being is due from others. I think your daughter has settled in Switzerland, isn't it?

Yes Kalyani my older daughter lives in Switzerland, in a small village close to Bern. The unique feature that the Swiss have in their governance is that for any law to be passed whether it is internal or an issue of immigrants or the one that I have quoted here in this discussion, all citizens have to cast their votes and only when there is 90% or more consensus , the law gets passed or else it gets shelved for the moment at least ..This has made all of them very aware of their rights as citizens .

I may further add , not just rights but responsibilities too that come with the rights ...The Swiss are a very aware lot because of this responsibility given to them to be a part of decision making that becomes the law of the land!

usha manohar wrote:

I may further add , not just rights but responsibilities too that come with the rights ...The Swiss are a very aware lot because of this responsibility given to them to be a part of decision making that becomes the law of the land!

How is a country its depends of its citizens. If every citizen realise that they have some duty to the nation no one can stop that nation to be great nation. Here in India situtation is adverse to it. Here we want to enjoy rights without any duty.

I have been to Switzerland twice. It's a wonderful place, but now they are wary of Muslims and have banned the head scarf in schools for Muslim girls. I did not see a single woman in Burkha there as well. but again Switzerland has a unique culture. It's a haven for all ill-gotten wealth. Even the Nazi's stocked personal wealth in Switzerland. The country lives on the goodwill of the nations around it. Even Hitler spared it an invasion though it was a 2-day job to overrun it.  Many Indians including Sanjay Gandhi as well as the Bhutto's of  Pakistan had accounts in Swiss banks. 

When I after leaving service was the Director of the GRAND HYATT at Mumbai, my boss was a Swiss man. he was surprised at the freedom in India. I like Switzerland and went there with my American girl, nice place for a holiday, nothing more.

usha manohar wrote:

All this can be done in a tiny country like Switzerland. Its population is not even 30% of Mumbai. people are talking of following the example of this nation. There is no comparison it is more like a city-state( Athens and Sparta).Again its prosperity is due to trillions of dollars being parked in their  banks as per state policy. These are secret accounts. Does India want to follow this? If we follow , I am sure we will be richer than Switzerland. The cold and snow are terrible. India's Gulmarg where I have been half a dozen time is much better.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.