Supreme Court turns down plea to allow bull-taming sport Jallikattu before Pongal

http://toi.in/LPb3eb/a19li like your views on this

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Supreme Court turns down plea to allow bull-taming sport Jallikattu before Pongal

http://toi.in/LPb3eb/a19li

Sending the link again.

Sorry was not sent properly earlier

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I haul the decision of the Apex court. It is nothing but cruelty towards animals. .Like Jallikattu there is another example of Cruelty towards Birds in my state AP. It is known as ' Kodi Pandelu' or Cock fights

Either way it is a great opportunity for all the political parties to take advantage of the situation. The center will  be blamed and the rest of the politicians will support Jalli Kattu as a great tradition that should go on,who cares about a few bulls getting grievously hurt o at times killed because of the infection that sets in when their horns are broken ! I am glad that Supreme court has taken a firm stand about it ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

These tradition are much older. When people have limited means of entertainment than they used these tradition for entertainment. Now time is changed no need of all these. Live and let live.

anil wrote:

These tradition are much older. When people have limited means of entertainment than they used these tradition for entertainment. Now time is changed no need of all these. Live and let live.

But Anil, In the name of tradition it is not fair to torture animals. One thing you must remember every living organism fro ant to a bull have the right to live

anil wrote:

What you have said is indeed true. We need to change our thoughts and traditions with times. We cannot continue doing something just because it was also by our forefathers. 

If I am not mistaken, even in Assam every family used to sacrifice an animal in the last day of durga puja as bali. But I read somewhere that after such killings has been banned by the court, the tradition of bali has been reduced extensively.

Jalli kattu, blood sporty often results in major injuries and deaths.. The Court had held that use of bulls in such events severely harmed the animals that constituted an offense under the prevention of cruelty to the animals act.

anil wrote:

I really fail to understand how people find entertainment in a sport where either people or the animal gets hurt. It also shows human beings disregard for anyone else but himself. A man enters the sport knowingly but does the poor animal have a say in the matter ..

It is the height of selfishness of human beings when they use animals in any kind of sports where they can get hurt 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

cock fight is a blood sport  in AP to Jallikattu in Tamil nadu. This blood sport has been banned. still this sport is going on. Police do not take any action against the participants. What is  the value of life of a bird compared to money .

I am against this festival for other reasons. After all bull fighting is a wonderfully sport in Spain. Here jalkuttu can be organised if proper rules and arrangements are made. if this is done it is a macho sport.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.